Complete BDM pennant (Wimpel) with carrying pole (Wimpelspeer) for Mädelgruppe 48/74

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
Noticed this on Weitze's site today. First time I've seen a complete pennant for sale. Looks fantastic but the pole (Wimpelspeer) is not a match for the description of them from the regulations. The cord should be red for example.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Actually the price isn't too bad really Darin. He wants 1200 for it. Perhaps because of that non-regulation pole.

thankfully i have now bought this piece 2 years later at a reduced price, under the thousand but not much!! lol still think its worth the 1200 maybe just not these days!

had to sell the DJ set up i bought to help with it, ( originally i bought the DJ to use the pole with a period BDM pennant verses a modern cane) stupid i become to realise so moved it on and thought this BDM better, its not from Wurtemburg like what i need , next problem, what the thoughts on adding a different pennant to this pole? after all its just clips, right?

my cousin weitze has kindly put it on layaway to i pay the rest over the next month. LOL

opinions appreciated here folks!

all the best!

next problem, what the thoughts on adding a different pennant to this pole? after all its just clips, right?
Why didnt you just buy a different pennant with a different pole, saved you the hassle of un-clipping and clipping back on.. :pound:
Two pennants on one pole you mean? aye, why not, confuse a few experts right up that would...

As long as you keep the original Wimpel and the original Wimpelspeer together in your possesion I would say ok.
My only original pre-war pole looks a lot more aged since it had been stored in a shed for decades.
Yours seems almost unused, especially since there is no metal spearhead (Speerspitze) as usually.
How will it get to your place? Which company does transport such long items for a reasonable price?

thanks for the opinion mate! if i had to ever sell it ( cant see it!!) i would keep the original wimple on it!

i see alot of these BDM / DJ items in photos with no pole top and just the speere type.

i sent a DJ Jungzugwimple and pole to Ohio USA from the UK with parcelforce worldwide it was 800g over 2KG , it went with £500 worth of added insurence for £68.30 delivered in about 14 days Christian.

hope this helps!

Back