Deutsche Jugend des Ostens

Thanks Received
Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, the DJO runic logo is post-war. Can you confirm?
Thank you.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

the only thing that bothers me is the combination of the city of " Köln" (Cologne-West Germany) and the term " German youth of the East".
I don't understand the connection between these two radically different places. What a pity because I like the design with the dragon.

Thank you all for your opinions. This banner is proposed as early HJ banner :001_rolleyes:

the only thing that bothers me is the combination of the city of " Köln" (Cologne-West Germany) and the term " German youth of the East".
I don't understand the connection between these two radically different places. What a pity because I like the design with the dragon.

Hallo Widukind,

The DJO (Deutsche Jugend des Ostens) was a organisation for young germans who had to relocate with families to the west because of the repercussions of the war (Heimatvertriebene) In the 1970s the organisation changeed name to DJO - Deutsche Jugend in Europa because it was then catering to young people who had been born in the west after the war.

Hello Trommeller,

many thanks for this important information. I ignored it and this forum is really great for that.
Now, I am not convinced that this beautiful banner is post war.

The worst I think is that the seller is very experienced and he certainly knows that it is a post-war item.

Back