Deutsches Jungvolk DJ Flag for review - Jungbann 1/84

If I know well how to count,(LOL), the first edition of 1933 has 20 pages and Philip Baker's book, 101 pages

If you look at these photo.....there is some white cloth under the blach stitching!.....These tipe of sewing is for relief the embordery!
Do you think this is period sewing?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Gian,

I am only surprised by the red and white cotton cord all around the panel. The early flags had a much more massive(thick) twisted cord.
It is also true that the early flags were often attached by clips and not rings, as said Garry , but It is not a majority.
The reproduction of the flag in the book "Die Uniformen der HJ" seems to me evidente to me too now. However, I am not an expert. What can we say furthermore?
Best regards
Eric

Hi Garry!
I would say......."From where the Designer copy all these Flag show in these old book"??[
From real Flags? Or he drawing with imagination?

Jungbann 1/84 is shown as having been in existence on the 1st of Jan 1934 in the RJF lists prepared on that date so this unit number definitely existed in the period when this type of the Jungbann flag was in use (and therefore when the book I linked to above was produced). The illustrators were probably given diagrams to work from. Difficult to know.

Hi Garry!
What kind of pole top do you think is correct for these tipe of flags?
Thanks!
Gian.

Hi everybody!
No one knows about the right tipe of pole top for these flags?
May be that these flags haven't the pole top?
Thanks!
Gian.

In early 1934 the so-called "Lanzenspitze" was in use. In fact earlier as one can see this used in
at least spring 1932.
The embroidery is not according to the standards from 1933/1934 at all! I believe somebody has
already noted this. What even more concerns me is the use of the indication DRGM and RZM
together. As is said: leave the flag where it is, keep your money in the pocket! Somebody did a
good homework-job.
By the way the M3 code came into being in about March 1935, so it has nothing to do with this
flag.

It was said in the text as noted in post 20, which says something about DRGM and RZM.
By the way: I have never read anywhere the use of brown patches for the HJ. There was however
an order from the SA High Command from June 28, 1929, which mentions brown for reserve-units. In a
case like that no numbers or text were to be used, piped with the proper piping as used with the districts-
color.

Fahne des 1.Fähnlein des Jungbannes 84
in Dithmarschen um 1936 aus schwarzen Fahnenleinen mit beidseitig aufgenähter weißer Sig-Rune und ockerfarbenen Spiegeln mit schwarzer Plattstickerei "1/84" und rot-weißer Kordeleinfassung. Weiße Größen- und DRGM-RZM-Stempelung "200 x 220". Leicht ausgeblichen mit nichtstörenden, kleinen Reparaturstellen, einer der fünf Befestigungsringe fehlt. Zweiteiliger schwarzer Holzschaft. Aluminiumspitze in Bajonettform mit Stempelung "RZM M3/40/41". Gesamtlänge ca. 295 cm.
Seltene frühe Fahne.

Last edited:
Aha. Thanks. Well, I stand by my comments in post #27 and the "DRGM" just reinforces what I thought about this flag.

Back