DJ trumpet banner with horse design

Thanks Received
Hi,

i am looking for information regarding the meaning or the location of this banner.

Any chance to be for HANNOVER ?
Nevertheless it was discovered in österreich ... close to the border with Germany.

Thanks for looking

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Black on yellow is similar to the Wappen for Stuttgart:

Introduced on 11. April 1938

Attachments

That is an awesome trumpet banner , thank you for posting .

IMO this « S » rune is seen on early model ... what is your opinion ?

i also add few pics of details ;-)

Attachments

IMO some of the fanfares were made at the local level which accounts for some variance in the shape of the rune, and the local heraldry on them.

Really nice fanfare banner. Some people don't like that type of fringe but I have seen it on period photos. Lots of variation with these items as already said by Gefolgschaft. Definitely looks to be for Stuttgart with the nag on yellow background.

I have had a very hard time discerning the local region displayed on the back of these banners. Would there be a resource available that would have the different township/region symbols used in this era? I have been interested in the past but because of a lack of information have been hesitant to move towards the items marked to a specific region.

I have had a very hard time discerning the local region displayed on the back of these banners. Would there be a resource available that would have the different township/region symbols used in this era? I have been interested in the past but because of a lack of information have been hesitant to move towards the items marked to a specific region.

Hi,

this is the site I always go to for info on the Wappen: Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen Kreiswappen) / German Heraldry

That link will help my searches immensely as it is exactly what I was trying to locate. I certainly appreciate your posting a link. That is a beautiful banner by the way! Were most of the trumpets repurposed after the war? It seems there are a good many more banners around than the trumpets that went with them.

Back