Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please login to view user info
    Ah, the fishing worked then. Might try that myself :)

Quote Originally Posted by crack View Post
    Ah, the fishing worked then. Might try that myself :)
    Ahem...

I have had a very hard time discerning the local region displayed on the back of these banners. Would there be a resource available that would have the different township/region symbols used in this era? I have been interested in the past but because of a lack of information have been hesitant to move towards the items marked to a specific region.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagerman View Post
    I have had a very hard time discerning the local region displayed on the back of these banners. Would there be a resource available that would have the different township/region symbols used in this era? I have been interested in the past but because of a lack of information have been hesitant to move towards the items marked to a specific region.
    Hi,

this is the site I always go to for info on the Wappen: Deutsche Wappen (Gemeindewappen Kreiswappen) / German Heraldry

That link will help my searches immensely as it is exactly what I was trying to locate. I certainly appreciate your posting a link. That is a beautiful banner by the way! Were most of the trumpets repurposed after the war? It seems there are a good many more banners around than the trumpets that went with them.

Maybe this one can help also. It gives lots of coat-of-arms:

Wappen der deutschen Stadt- und Landkreise – Wikipedia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12