A dream became true today - my first BDM Untergauwimpel

Thanks Received
Hi mates,

today was the day, I received my first BDM pennant! And it's the most important pennant for me, the Untergau pennant of... my hometown!!!!! I made some fast photos in my bathroom :w00t: One clip is missing but it doesn't matter. Hope you understand that I hide 2 digits of the Untergau/Bann number. Now I have a new highlight in my small collection.
Hope you like my new treasure. One question: what kind of pole top were used for such pennants?

Thanks and regards,
Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

they are very beautiful sven here is my one enjoy yours as much as i do mine great score young man well done and thanks for posting

steve

Attachments

Thank you very much guys!

I found this pennant at an auction house and after some telephone calls I got a better price and so I had to act. I don't know so much collectors so I often have to use the www and/or dealers to get new items for my collection.

It would be interesting how many Untergau pennants are around in collections because they are really difficult to find.
I only saw a Jungmädel Untergau pennant in an auction house for a starting price of 2500 Eur.

Maybe I'll have luck to get a HJ Bann flag in future too. But now at first I have to save some new money again :crying:

Looks lovely sven:thumbup1:

Was it a chance find or did it come from another collector,

The Bannfahne and Jungbannfahne are very rare. There was a member on the old forum 'cruizer' that had two of these, one was the Jungbannfahne of 1/201 Herbert Norkus. What an exceptionally rare and historical item that was, when he showed it my jaw dropped.

Sven ,

in answer to your question i checked Angolia book Vol 2 and it states that the pennants were flown on laquered spear like poles , measuring 240cm in lenght ,

Not as ornate as their male counterparts,

steve

Does anyone know what the unit number on the pennant in post #1 is?

As an aside, here is Untergauwimpel 163 for our list:

Attachments

well done,:good:

A really nice item, not for my wallet dough I'm afraid.
If 2500€ is the prize to pay for such an item, my jaw would also drop down.
:jaw:
I know,... for nice items one needs to make sacrifices, but when my misses would find out, I think she would kill me for sure. :crying:

wizardelf
:belgium

Back