Fähnleinwimpel of the Deutsches Jungvolk

I 100% agree !
these Wimpel were never used or abused.

this Wimpel (discussed here) was never used and the discoloration is due to the fact humidity.
thank you for pointing the fact that nobody here said that it is a fake ...

Falco, what did you mean when you said "mirrored" ?
i expect you don't mean the rune HAGALL is not on the good side ....
many comments already tented to make you understand that you make a mistake ...
period pics, period book, other pieces known as original !
what do you need more ?

And what will you do In case this forum go In my direction ?
Will you open your own forums In order to read what you want ?!?!?
i am more than open to discussion and That is why I was the FIRST to list this flag on a forum. BUT I have my limit !

Hello,

now I know not really to do with this text something neither have I what alleged nor personally attacked you.
I do not know you and therefore I would never write as you do it right .
I wanted to say anything about it actually, Ullix has drum asked me to do here for him.

The note which the Hagal rune is on the wrong side , but please be welcome and probably is correct.
That has also given so possibly is not just for discussion. There were but merely listed the points of the pennant.

That I should make my own forum is already fierce so what you're saying. I think you always retains the correct tone in the Forum .
But OK this is your picture what you show here ...

Sorry no further comment ...

Hello

the pennant has just been presented in three forums and no one said that it is ne fake!
there was only ever she is very well preserved and it was the Ruhne mounted on the wrong side but this probably occurred!
in Militariafundforum I wrote with flags experts via PM who told me that he was good!

ie for me that I will this piece now in my collection record!

mfg Ullix

it was the Ruhne mounted on the wrong side but this probably occurred!
mfg Ullix

The official description for the Fähnleinwimpel, the flag with one tip (the one with two - the
swallow-style was known as Jungzugwimpel) was: to be manufactured from wool (Wolle) or
cotton (Baumwolle) with an official size of the square about 62.0 x 50.0 cm; the tip in total
was 1.50 mtr. Where the tip reaches the square the tip was 20.0 cm wide.
The official black front had the white sigrune and is the right side (zur Stange - dem Feinde entgegen.
up to the pole, to meet the enemy).

The left side was allowed to have other colors and was allowed to have another symbol
(Farbe und Zeichnung der linke Seite ist freigestellt). This was the same for the Jungzugwimpel
and the Jungenschaftswimpel as well as the Stammfahne and Jungbannfahne for boys and
for the Mädelscharwimpel, Mädelringwimpel and Mädeluntergauwimpel for girls. In fact
the left and right side had to do with heraldics!

With the new flag-orders from 1935 the different side was cancelled (as well is this type of earlier
form), but with an exception !!
The order was published March 21, 1935 and from that moment on the DJ just had the Jungbannfahne;
Fähnleinfahne and Jungenschaftswimpel: both sides of the flags were the same (Fahne beiderseits
gleich
). One should note however for the Jungenschaftswimpel the left side still was allowed to have
a diffent symbol (Ausstattung der linken Wimpelseite freigestellt). No order mentioned the varying
symbols to be on the right side.

If one finds a flag or wimpel with the symbol onto the wrong side, it might have been an actual error
of those days. It also might be an error from the person who made the flag, as he was not aware of the
regulations.

Last edited:
WIm, thank you for the most comprehensive post I've seen on a forum in regard to the regulations for the "swallow tail' wimpel. Excellent information.

Back