Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please login to view user info

Fake BDM pennant with Untergau 74 (House of Swords)

this is a BDM double sided pennant,i question the origionallity of the piece,some say its fake cause its printed,anyway what do you think?

Admin Edit: thread title subsequently amended to reflect the information contained within the thread.

Attached Images Attached Images

hello, in my honest opinion its a reproduction sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by ss-collector View Post
    hello, in my honest opinion its a reproduction sorry!
    Hello Ewan,

I'm not sure that this pennant is a reproduction.
    However, what bothers me with this item :
    - The pennant is very faded and it still has a RZM label assigned to HJ uniforms.
    This label does not match at all with this pennant and was added later.
    This is just my opinion!!

Best regards

Eric

Hello Eric i hear what your saying and advised the same about said tag in another thread, when you look at the material close ups it looks nearly there but not quite imo the zigzag to the center circle also looks loose and period zigzag is much different, the rope hanging loops dont fill me with glee ither imho, of course i could be wrong but not for my collection!

i respect your opinion Eric

regards Ewan

Quote Originally Posted by wingman15 View Post
    this is a BDM double sided pennant,i question the origionallity of the piece,some say its fake cause its printed,anyway what do you think?
    hi wingman, have you held this item under a black light atall? to check and see if the whites glow?

cheers,Ewan

no i actually have no black uv light,but i did a burn test on the thread on both pennants i have posted the BDM & HJ pennants & the thread burned & didnt melt,the BDM pennant is a tricky one being double sided & the RZM tag looks like its been on there for a long time,.& the pennant itself is aged appropriately,im sure the HJ did
    print some pennants,im still studying the item & undecided on its origionallity,thanks for commenting.

From Traders of the lost shite maybe? I know that they have a lot of stuff from House of Swords, so possibly a fake from them back in the 80s? Looks horrible though. Funny thing, when i tip BDM pennant into my browser, i get the same number, 74. Hmmmmm

&...why screen print one side, and then sew a fried egg onto the other?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jo Rivett; 31st May 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    From Traders of the lost shite maybe? I know that they have a lot of stuff from House of Swords, so possibly a fake from them back in the 80s? Looks horrible though. Funny thing, when i tip BDM pennant into my browser, i get the same number, 74. Hmmmmm

thanks thats pretty funny

Some other fakes from that side (thank you Jo) have the same RZM-tag.
    And as said before it is strange to be so faded and still have the tag.
    This kind of zigzag stiching is another dead giveaway.
    And the Adler is also not in the center of the circle.
    Not to speak of the Number 74...
    So I think it is time to move it to the fake section.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post

imho its a complete fugazi

look at it close up in the last photo the red outer reinforcement stitching is HMMMm also!

and as you say nice quality on one side then a print on the other, it dont fill me with glee atall, can also no one notice the material is not the cotton type weave looks to be shiney and kind of waterproof looking, never was great at putting things into words!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast