Flag Identification please

Thanks Received
Hi, I'm new here and very interested in history; specifically Germany in the 1930's. I saw this photo for the first time the other day and have never seen any like it, especially in Hitler Youth. Can someone help identify its period and where it was from?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi and welcome to the forum.

It's early. I would say around 1933/34 and judging by the uniform of the boy at front right who appears to be wearing 'Lederhosen' I would say southern Germany, very possibly Bavaria.

I would love to have that flag , unfortunatly it problibly was destroyed at the end of the war .

These flags were not used until the end of the war so there is a chance that some of those survived. I know an old Stamm flag which was hidden by the former Stamm flag holder. But it's a very rare piece.

The design of the flag is close to some German Boy Scout and Bündische Jugend flags of the early thirties.
I also wonder: has anyone ever seen these white flags with the black "S" rune on it before?
Maybe the photo was taken at Potsdam in 1932?

Thanks everyone for your replies. I too thought it was very rare and would be able to search for it if I knew more about it. It's so sad people don't realize the historical significance of things and destroy them out of hate.

Back