Hitler Youth flag - 2. Reichsfinanzschule Pörtschach

Thanks Received
heres a lovely flag together with pole and bayonet pole finial

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I saw this earlier this week in the preview. It's fantastic and rare. If I were into collecting flags I'd bid very high for this one and would not let it get away. It would be the anchor piece of an HJ flag collection IMO.

Actually a good buy if nobody else bids on it ... Lest see ...flag value : $1,700 , bayonete topper : $500 , pole (2 sections) : $750 the values are my opinion ...others can submit what they think the value should be .

Mystic Meg say`s: It will finish at $4275.-$4325.- I prefer the Prussian flag under that, pity it`s knackered though....

This set will certainly exceed € 4500. This flag is extremely rare and it would have to be preserved in a museum.

It wont, they couldn't even come up with the money for the Gottlieb Deskset last year. I have donated items before, but not to museums because those cheeky B....ards resell years later to finance more acquisitions.. i donated to the Holocaust Museum of Dachau, Buchenwald etc.. They dont care about this stuff at all. It will be bought by a buyer for Hermann Historica, and be on a future sale for a few thousand more. Or some other money-maker. I seriously doubt if the online Butschek price will exceed 4000! But what is it with the new Butschek auctions anyway? Wasnt the website good enough? it`s CASH i guess, squeeze a penny or two more outta each sale.

The ideal would be that it stays in a museum in Germany but unfortunately, the third generation voluntarily ignores its history and the second does not want to hear about it any more....!

It wont, they couldn't even come up with the money for the Gottlieb Deskset last year. I have donated items before, but not to museums because those cheeky B....ards resell years later to finance more acquisitions.. i donated to the Holocaust Museum of Dachau, Buchenwald etc.. They dont care about this stuff at all. It will be bought by a buyer for Hermann Historica, and be on a future sale for a few thousand more. Or some other money-maker. I seriously doubt if the online Butschek price will exceed 4000! But what is it with the new Butschek auctions anyway? Wasnt the website good enough? it`s CASH i guess, squeeze a penny or two more outta each sale.

there is evidence that museums in Europe lack money because we delete their subsidies one after the other.
I hope that it will not finish in Hermann Historica's hands or another bird of prey !

I digress! What happened in Müchen? at the "München, Hauptstadt der Bewegung" ausstellung in 1993/1994? the general Public moaned and bitched like crazy and it had to be closed early!
And Hitlers Wax model 2 years ago, or last year, cant remember? on the first day he had his head knocked off!! and the exhibit was closed!

In my country we have the Huis Doorn, the "little pad" from the banned German Emperor Wilhelm II.
A week ago or so it was announced it is planned to close it January 1, 2013. Overhere they won't finance
it anymore. They cut their subvention half (as they did cut many subventions).
The Germans are apparently asked, to give a hand and keep the museum open. Until now they are not
quite interested. They don't care for history. I think it reminds them to much for a lost war!

By the way the flag is a beauty and of great importance and interest, but the price will be in proportion.
In the information they say "One of only 12 possible flags". This can't be correct, as in my album about
RFS photographs shown here there is a photograph with at least three flags from one school: RFS Wöllershof
Pörtschach also must have had the number 1 Gefolgschaft.

Last edited:
In the information they say "One of only 12 possible flags".....Pörtschach also must have had the number 1 Gefolgschaft.

Exactly what I thought :) The clue is in the number Mr Butschek. If that flag has a '2' then there must have been a flag with a 'I'. Therefore just going with that one snippet of information, the absolute minimum number can't be 12.

Hello Wim,

I think the same thing as you. Europe needs money and the regional subsidies go somewhere else.
We have same concerns in France.
The museum of the landing to Avranches (Normandie) was obliged to sell many collector's items due to the lack of public or private subsidies.
Items were sold by Hermann Historica. It is distressing!

Best regards

Eric

RFS Pötschach Gebiet "Südost Kärnten"

If I had the money, I would take it, because it is an "Austrian" HJ flag. But 4000.-€ are to much for me.
It would go very well with my "RFS" shouder board ;)

Attachments

I wonder if the flag is possibly "a put together"?
The flag pole is marked M3/34/35, which in my opinion is a top manufactured
in 1935 by the concern of Heinrich Marx from Iserlohn.

Either they did use a top from an old 1935-stock or it has been put together! (after the war?)

By the way: Pörtschach also did have three flags (see photograph). The photograph
is from a period between May and mid-December 1940 and shows the occasion of
granting of three flags. The photograph is from my good, old friend Hans-Joachim Tersch,
who was at the institution during that period.

Attachments

Last edited:
The Gefolgschaft number on the Canton panel is very interesting to me, as I believed there to be only a single Gefolgschaft at each schule. Also the photo posted by Wim shows three Gefolgchaftfahne so now I must change my belief that there was only one Gefolgschaft per schule. Even if assembled from a different pole, topper, and fahne the item would be a great addition to a collector of H.J. items and I hope it goes to someone with a keen interest in H.J. history and not someone who only wants a hard to find flag. I could sell up numerous items quickly enough to raise the funds, but my interest in cloth insignia has not changed.

Well i would lend anyone the money, but with 25% interest of course :pound:per DAY!
My wife would also never let me Display it here anyway... and i wouldn't, i just dont get a kick out of having flags hanging up. No visitor understands it, i have tried before.

Some more flag photographs, proving there were more flags then one at an institution.
Now from Wöllershof from my RFS-friend Hermann Miller. He attended at that institution in late 1942, early 1943.

Photographs with RFS-flags: one shows the parading of three flags in front of the Kreisleiter.
At right is Stammführer Schrauder. The second shows the handing over of three flags;
the third photograph is the 2nd Gefolgschaft, ready for parading in front of the Kreisleiter with their new flag

Attachments

Last edited:
Back