HJ Banner University Of stuttgart-Given to??

Thanks Received
Can anyone give me any information as to who this banner might have been given too? Label says:

Universitat Von Stuttgart Vom graduierenden Jahrgang 1939 Mit aufriehtigem Dank

A very nice banner but would love to find out who it was given to.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Not H.J. but Studentenbund. It appears to be period construction from the photos, wish they were more well lit. I've not seen one of these before.

Awesome ...please post better photos .

NS=Studentenbund indeed, but I would like to know more about this Universität von Stuttgart.
It is not a customary to include "von"!!
In my list from universities, and other high schools or special schools, such was not listed at
Gau Württemberg-Hohenzollern. Various were listed in the Verordnungsblatt des Reichs-
Studentenführers
between 1937 and 1944 at Stuttgart, but not a university.

Who has more information, please?

more pics of the banner

here's a few more pictures. I'm not sure if I'm adding the pics the correct way. Thanks for any info on this banner.

Regards, Pete

Attachments

According to Germany Wikipedia there was no university in Stuttgart between 1933 and 1945. As Wilhelm Saris says, there was a university at Tübingen and it's close proximity to Stuttgart was the reason for the latter not having or needing its own. Between 1781 and 1794 the Hohe Karlsschule in Stuttgart had a short-lived university status but that was it until 1967 when the Technische Hochschule in Stuttgart was redesignated as a university. Given those facts this flag can't be right.

As already mentioned I cannot find a university at Stuttgart, and so a flag should or cannot exist.

Yes, at Stuttgart existed the Technische Hochschule with about 11 Kameradschaften or about;
further the Musikhochschule Stuttgart with - as far as I know - only 1 Kameradschaft;
further the Akademie für bildende Künste Stuttgart also with 1 Kameradschaft;
further the Staatsbauschule (Höhere Bauschule) Stuttgart with 6 Kameradschaften
and the Kunstgewerbeschule Stuttgart with 2 Kameradschaften.

Practically all of the Kameradschaften were granted a honor-name and so they were mentioned
in the Verordnungsblatt (mentioned).

Just a quick answer from me.
Like Wilhelm Saris wrote...in german it's not common to use "Universität von...".
You just use Universität Stuttgart.

tobstein

Back