HJ and DJ fanfare banners - Real or fake ?

Thanks Received
I've had these for years now,please let me know your thoughts as to real or fake.
Many thanks guys.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

First Banner

Pics of first banner,hope they are good enough.

Attachments

Second Banner

Appreciate your help and adice on this.
Regards and thanks.
Russ.

Attachments

hey Russ, i like both of them pieces and would have them in my collection if i still collected flags etc! the construction and materials/quality is period imho

but of course wait for others opinions as there is a few hj flag collectors here

atb, Ewan

Hey,
Nice one Ewan...they are nice,I just don't know enough about so will wait for some advice from someone more knowledgeable than me.
Cheers.

They trumpet banners look good , however ; I prefer tight sigzag stitching around the swaz and sig-runes .
Can you have them checked under a UV black light ? can you check a string of thread and see if it melts or burns .

agree with you there Joe that tight zigzag stitching is nice and quality! however as we know they came without aswell, do you think the zigzag machine stitch is RZM Joe? i always have done as the quality of the pieces that has it is always A1 and what you would think the RZM would have wanted/expected? but speculation on my part i might add!

Some of these fanfare banners were made at the local level and do not conform to exact RZM specifications. The Sigrune is oddly shaped and not RZM specification IMO. Banners like that are difficult to authenticate especially from photos only and hands on inspection is best for me.

Yes, there was great variation, particularly with the DJ banners, and so a "hands on" is particularly important with items like this as Darin says. I prefer to see these with more wear but the construction looks okay and banners with that type of tassle can be seen on period photos.

I think it would be a nice idea to start a thread and see just how many variations of fanfare banner we can all find (on period photos).

Edit: I started one HERE

Hi guys,
Well all feedback is positive so that's good news.
Thanks for your time and opinions on this,appreciated.
Russ.

The first item imo is original.
I have one just like it.
Nice trumpet banner and well done.

Back