HJ FLAG Gefolgschaftsfahne with very high number 67/173

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
I have seen problibly 20 Gefolgschaftsfahne in my years of collecting but never seen one with so high of company number . The city of Essen from the area of West/Ruhr-Niederrhein must have had a large population to rate so many Hj Gefolgschafts .

This flag is on a dealers site , however ; he wants 1700 euro .... way to much for this flag .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Good find Joe. I'll add this one to the flag list in a moment. Yes, large population in Essen back then (fourth largest city in Germany today). In 1939 Essen had a population of 664,523.

As you say, and as the flag lists currently show, only a tiny number of these flags seem to have survived - certainly in private collections anyway so let's add these whenever we find them.

I would assume that the shoulderstrap buttons worn on the shirts/blouses in this Gefolgschaft would have been #67 also . If so then this is proof that higher numbered buttons were indeed worn . Personally I have never seen an original HJ shirt/blouse with shoulderstrap numbers higher than #42 .
I am curios what city rated the highest number in Gefolgschafts .
It would be nice to document each Bann and how many Gefolgschafts were within each Bann .

Last edited:
Hello,
i have look in my buttons box today and found a pair of 60 (from RZM of course)

If a smaller town like Plauen did have a Gefolgschaft 36 in 1942, why then a city like Essen
would not have had so many. Consult my Handbook about how the units were listed. My
information was taken from the original Organisations-Plan, combined in Plauen-Stadt and
Plauen-Land.

If a smaller town like Plauen did have a Gefolgschaft 36 in 1942, why then a city like Essen
would not have had so many. Consult my Handbook about how the units were listed. My
information was taken from the original Organisations-Plan, combined in Plauen-Stadt and
Plauen-Land.

Of course they did. Hannover had a Fähnlein 84 (see post 4 above). Pretty sure I've seen even higher than that on the forum. Will have to check.

Back