HJ Fliegerschule Richthofen banner Red Baron

Thanks Received
Hello,

I still have doubts about this banner and you ? Thanks for your help.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I like the banners with chain type stitching on them. The stitching looks very tight on this one to me. Maybe it's good, maybe newly made. I can't say for sure.

Interesting 'tinnie' here with this design found on image_shack:

I like that banner in post 1 but not its stitching. Does any original banners with this type of stitching exist? Is a HJ Fliegerschule with this name known?

Attachments

If there was an HJ flying school with the name of Richtofen ... where was it located ? There must be some information on it . It would have had to be administered by the NSFK and most likely a glider school .

Thanks for your reply. I am more confident with hand stitched work also. If my memory was good I have seen exactly the same banner in the past but never heard the history about this school...

if you go to the COLLECTOR'S GUILD SITE there are several stitched pennants you can compare. I have a couple BDM JM pennants stitched similar and they are all very early 30s IMO :canada1

I own several pennants from the late 20s and early 30s.
I have to say: I do not like the stiching on these two.

But let us look to it from another side:
Do we have any written (pre 1945) evidence that there has ever been a place called

HJ Fliegerschule Richthofen?

Or does anyone have original pictures (pre 1945) of this place ot these pennants?
Since there seem to be some pennants around, there must have been a lot more.
So there must be a photo of this place or these pennents out there somewhere.

I don't remember seeing a school of that name in anything I have read. The little badge shown by Trommeler is interesting as circumstantial evidence for the existence of such a school but it, along with the banners begs the question: "if it was important enough to have a group of boys kitted out with specially made banners for attachment to their fanfares and for tinnies to be manufactured then why has no one ever heard of the school?" A fair question, no doubt about that.

I don't remember seeing a school of that name in anything I have read. The little badge shown by Trommeler is interesting as circumstantial evidence for the existence of such a school but it, along with the banners begs the question: "if it was important enough to have a group of boys kitted out with specially made banners for attachment to their fanfares and for tinnies to be manufactured then why has no one ever heard of the school?" A fair question, no doubt about that.

garry, isnt that a bugle with a crude banner attached that trommler shows above? looks like a real bugle and banner to me but i could be wrong?!

cheers

No idea Ewan. I just assumed that it was a miniature as Trommeler posted it as that. Where did you get the pic from Trommeler?

Edit: google spits out this thread and one on WAF if you search for "HJ Fliegerschule Richthofen". The item Trommeler shows is in the tinnies and badges section of WAF.

Edit: google spits out this thread and one on WAF if you search for "HJ Fliegerschule Richthofen". The item Trommeler shows is in the tinnies and badges section of WAF.

Yes, same pictures as was found on image_shack so this is the same item, described as a badge

Back