HJ Palästina

Thanks Received
Hello,

I've found this photo at another forum. Do you have informations about these flags, location where the pic was taken and so on? Really new to me is the Gefolgschafts level flag!

Regards,
Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The photo was probably taken 1939 after beginning of WW II in Waldheim, today known as Alonei Abba. So not after the war! Interesting, that the Bannfahne of HJ was found 1945 in Germany.

Francis R. Nicosia: The Third Reich and the Palestine Question, page 96

Attachments

Ah, sorry Sven. misunderstood your post. Yes, blue for Palestine would be wrong according to the RJF list as you've pointed out. Should be red but I haven't seen any period explanation for the continent colours as they apply to flags so perhaps there weren't any.

I'm not sure if in the 1930th there was the opinion that Palestine was a part of Europe. Maybe part of Arabia, Asia! Because of this the strap in green! Or did they thought, that this was Africa? I'm not really sure :)

You're right Sven. I'm only guessing that the RJF viewed Palestine as being part of Europe. All I have ever seen are the designations for colours. What I haven't seen is a breakdown of what exactly 'Europa' was as far as boundaries were concerned according to the RJF. Same for the others.

Back