HJ pennant opinion

Thanks Received
am interested in your opinion on this possible pre HJ/RZM pennant. reads "jugendfreud/falkenstein" i/T ,Bavaria.definetly never seen anything like this before.

cheers,
si

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Is that chain stitching i see thare mate ?
Picture a bit blur my end sorry.

the boarder of the pennant is what looks like gold embroidered or being on the edge maybe orogionally silver aluminium but darkened,the capital letters are a white/silver aluminium embroidered gothic script,as is around the cross.i like it & i'm considering a purchase.wanted to get some opinions first.

si

The pennant looks period, but I'm not so sure it's H.J. or D.J. related or if it's for some other youth organization. I'm not really great with flags though.

yeah its a bit of a head scratcher this one.if period,& imo it is.as you say cant be sure if its post or pre 1933,.could be a pre 1933 scouts pennant.i probably will research the cross some & the city,.maybe try find a picture of what that small image is in the corner,.definetly a castle or a cathedral of some sort.so it might be church related group,.but it has a unit number so we know it was a part of a large organisation.thanks for your opinions

si

Burg Falkenstein Castle pennant

Falkenstein Castle "Castren Pfronten" is a high middle ages castle ruin in the Bavarian Alps near Pfronten,the ruins German name is Burg Falkenstein,it is Germanys highest castle.attatched is an image of Burg Falkenstein.this has to be the castle on the pennant.

si

Attachments

HJ or not its pretty cool,.& a very nice historical deutsch-jugend pennant.if anyone is interested msg me & i will send you a link to the website.if i dont decide to buy it first.

si

I would like to see high resolution pictures of the whole thing if possibbe.Sitching ect ect.Pictures are not good enough to make any comment on authenticity.

As far as I know the cross-symbol in this style was used by:
Evangelischer Reichsverband weiblicher Jugend (so for female
youth).

Jugendfreude one can translate as "youth pleasure/joy".
There are various locations with the name Falkenstein. One
of them is located in the Taunus-area, for which i/T can stand.
It is a part from the city of Königstein (Hessen). That's where
the shown castle-ruin is located.

Last edited:
Wim is correct, this is a pre war Wimpel of a protestant group.
This cross was used in the 1920s and 1930s.
It is not to be mistaken with the Austrian Schuschnigg-Kreuz.
No collectors of these groups are known to me.
I only go for items like this if the price is right.

Attachments

I just read in the Verordnungsblatt der Reichsjugendführung (HJ) number 69 from
November 17, 1933 the Evangelischer Reichsverband weiblicher Jugend was not
(yet) incorporated within the HJ-organization. It was one of the largest youth-
groups all over with about 304,000 female members at that moment.

In late 1933 the evangelische Jugend was incorporated within the HJ-organization
and its sub-organizations (Vbl.RJF-HJ, nr. 80 from December 19, 1933). The order
was signed by Baldur von Schirach as the Jugendführer des Deutschen Reiches and
Ludwig Müller, the Reichsbischof for the Evangelische Jugendwerk. So from the start
of 1934 it was all over for the evangelische Jugend.

Looks like Wim and Christian have it then. Great work guys. How many other forums would have just dismissed this as an D.J. "variant" or something similar. Here we have the exact organization and a good time period for it's use. Well done.

I just bought this pennant for my collection, and I do not believe it to be from the NS era, but earlier.

Back