Jungbann flag carrying case

Garry

Admin
Thanks Received
This carrying case is shown in RJF Verordnungsblatt II/28 December 1934 as having been newly introduced. I was wondering whether anyone has one in their collection or has seen one in a another collection?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Hi Garry
I have seen one , however; it was aprox 25 years ago. It even had the flag with it ... I remember at that time the fahn and case sold for 800 US dollars.

Thanks for the info Joe. Would be nice to find something like that nowadays. Wouldn't be for that price though of course :)

Great you showed the drawing to see for all the members, Garry.
I used the same drawings in my new gorget-book, where one page is devoted to the use of such cases in the
chapter of HY. I have there included two photographs where cases were in use. Both are from a different style.
One of the photographs is from January 24, 1934 when lots of flags were consecrated by von Schirach.

When I collected I had a black case with those sizes as mentioned. I did not know then it was a carrying case for
a flag. But that is about 35 years ago. I had a lot to learn! I checked quickly an old list of what I owned and see
now I bought it for 25,- guilders. Do not know anymore to whom I sold the case!

Last edited:
Nice to hear that some of these are around. That's right Wim. As you know, the cases are discussed in the same order that talks about the upcoming Jungbann flag consecration Jungbannfahnenweihe which happened a short time later in Marienburg

January 24, 1934 was at Potsdam during a Reichsführertagung. The flags there consecrated were all Bann-flags.
It happened at the Sanssoucci. I got four photographs from a young HJ-leader who attended there. One photograph
showed the HJ "blood-flag" in use.
I can't find some of the photographs anymore. Hope I'll find them back to use at least one in the later volume 6 for
the headgear-series.

Last edited:
Back