Is this a Jungvolk Banner?

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
Hi Members,

what do you say to the pennant?
According to Jungvolk does not see it! The dimension is 60 x 90 cm.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The Tyr rune is seen occasionally on original DJ Wimpel (see below) but the proportions of the tail are odd on that blue one as is most definitely the colour. The DJ flag colours were black/silver originally before the Jungvolk was incorporated into the HJ in 1931 and then black/white. I can't think why someone during the period would use blue or even think about using it. I would pass on this one unless very cheap.

Attachments

I know only of black pages with the Victory Rune. Could perhaps also Path Finder.The Victory Rune has also not the usual dimension.

This is a strange Wimpel. As Crack has stated the proprtions of the tail are odd. It is much too short compared to pre war and post war German youth movement items (Pfadfinder, Wandervogel and other groups) that I have seen over the years. The colours would be correct, if looked at from a heraldic point of few.
I own several pre war Wimpel from different German youth organisations and had about 60 in my own hands. None had these had any fringes (Fransen).
The Tyr rune was used pre war and post war by several conservative organisations. The strangely shaped single Sig rune would have not been used on the street after 1945 anymore in Germany. But I am not sure about other countries.
For me it is a very odd item, for which I would not spend more than 20 Euros.

Thank you for your opinions.
So the fingers away from the pennant. At least there is no money to pay for it.

Back