Landjahrlager Lopau pennant (Wimpel)

Thanks Received
Sorting through my boxes I came across this old pennant.
I don't know if it is Hitler Youth or BDM.
It measures around 12 inches at the broad end.

So before it goes back in the box I thought I'd take a picture of it.

There are some moth nips and it is a little grubby but not a bad piece

All the best
Doug

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I like this one a lot. The location of the Landjahrlager, Lopau, was part of Landkreis Uelzen at that time which was definitely an area where Landjahr kids were deployed.

I'd like to see more focused close ups of the wording. Interesting pennant for a Landjahr camp event or location.
Whoops! okay no problem. I have packed it away again but I'll dig it out when I have a bit of daylight and get some better close ups of the lettering.
From what I saw it was pretty much the same as most of the others I have seen on the site.

All the best
Doug

I like this one a lot. The location of the Landjahrlager, Lopau, was part of Landkreis Uelzen at that time which was definitely an area where Landjahr kids were deployed.
That is a bit of interesting information Garry.
This pennant came in a bundle of British Vet trophies.
If I am correct I am sure Uelzen is up in North Germany where our lads ended up.

All the best
Doug

That is a bit of interesting information Garry.
This pennant came in a bundle of British Vet trophies.
If I am correct I am sure Uelzen is up in North Germany where our lads ended up.

All the best
Doug

Indeed it was :thumb: Lopau was evacuated in the 80s when it became part of the military training area so I must have been near it a few times over the years whilst on one exercise or another.

Brilliant Garry,
I did check on Google maps and yes you are right.
I knew the name was familiar so it was at the far Eastern end of Soltau so like you I must have called in for a few beers in my time.
All the best
Doug

I'd like to see more focused close ups of the wording. Interesting pennant for a Landjahr camp event or location.
Here you go:

Attachments

I like it too. The gold letters for Lopau are strange or? Maybe because of the presence in Lopau of Gauleiter Telchow who received 40 hectares of land and a large farm as a present in 1942 (see wiki page on Lopau)? Just a theory though and a strange one too so forgive me my speculation :)

Thank you for the additional photos. It looks like a nice and unique example to me. I like this pennant.

My pleasure.
The pennant came in a bundle of vehicle pennants accumulated by a Brit Vet.
It is one of the nice pieces in my collection

All the best
Doug

I like it too. The gold letters for Lopau are strange or? Maybe because of the presence in Lopau of Gauleiter Telchow who received 40 hectares of land and a large farm as a present in 1942 (see wiki page on Lopau)? Just a theory though and a strange one too so forgive me my speculation :)
Hi Trommeller,
that is an interesting and useful link.
I do see that Lopau is still used for the good and benefit of the local youth,

I don't really understand all these HJ Pennants. I assume it was pretty much like a summer camp that they went to.
The gold embroidered letters on one side are looking a bit worse for wear but it is 70 odd years old and wasn't stored very well in the past.

All the best
Doug

Back