Motor-HJ Gefolgschaftfahne for opinions

Thanks Received
Hello,

I have the opportunity to acquire this set. Everything seems genuine but I prefer to ask before your opinions. Thanks for your help.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Attachments

the pole and topper are very nice , am reserved about the unit designator patch as the material looks odd so would need it in hand to be sure so shop it around a bit for some more local opinions :canada1

I agree with Paul, the canton panel should be almost a canvas like material. It looks like felt or doeskin from the photos shown. Hard to tell for sure from the photos what the details are, the rest of the Fahne looks pretty good to me.

Edit, The size of the canton panel looks off also. Very strange it looks really small to me.

Last edited:
Compare the size of the Canton panel to a standard HJ Gefolgschaftsfahe, it appears oddly smaller. Perhaps a modified standard H.J. Fahne with the unit added at some point, maybe period, maybe post war? Or is this Motor Fahne a larger size than a standard Gefolgschaftsfahne so the Canton panel appears smaller?

Attachments

it seems the fakers are getting the chain stitching down to a science now and you see a few of these patches as stand alones on dealers sites more and more so it is probable real flags are being enhanced. Hope yours is a good one . :canada1

Thanks for your replies :good: Indeed the size of the patch is not the one usually seen and the construction looks different. Is this legitimate? I do not know. Dimensions of the flag : 180x113cm.
The lot is not overpriced I think (1000€) but if exist doubts I will pass on this one.
All comments are welcome.
Lauri

I would seek additional comments on this one, perhaps Eric, Wim, or Sven will have some useful information. I am not ready to say for sure good or bad, I see a lot of things I like on this one, the Canton panel is the only odd thing I notice.

The pole and Bayonet topper look good to me , but I think the pole topper is replaced but a good one . I would make an offer on the pole and topper by themselves ,if you can as they are 100 times harder to find than an HJ or DJ flag with rings . Personally I do not like the panel .

Compare

Attachments

The pole and Bayonet topper look good to me , but I think the pole topper is replaced but a good one . I would make an offer on the pole and topper by themselves ,if you can as they are 100 times harder to find than an HJ or DJ flag with rings . Personally I do not like the panel .

Thank you very much for your advices. I will try to examine the suspicious panel when I have the flag in hand.

I would seek additional comments on this one, perhaps Eric, Wim, or Sven will have some useful information. I am not ready to say for sure good or bad, I see a lot of things I like on this one, the Canton panel is the only odd thing I notice.

Hello Darin,

for me, the explanation is simple:
- The flag was much larger at the origin and it should match to a building's facade flag or camp.
Recently, it has been adjusted to the measures of the "Gefolgschaftsfahne."
Many of these flags are on sale right now everywhere.
- We added a panel that is totally fake with coarse finishes and a size too small.
- The pole was repainted and it is really difficult to say if it is genuine....!
- The bayonet topper is ok.

Conclusion : Please Lauri, keep your money !!!!!

Best regards

Eric

Last edited:
Hi Eric and thanks for your input. I see too many red flags with this Gefolgschaftfahne. So, are you vendor of something for the last day of 2012?:whoo:

The pole looks okay on those pics but as you guys have mentioned, the corner panel (Spiegel) is weird and not at all like those usually encountered. On that basis alone I agree with Eric that the flag must be under suspicion of being a humped-up HJ flag which originally had a different purpose.

The regulations governing the size and description of this pattern of the HJ Gefolgschaft flag (well, all Hitler Youth flags and pennants actually) were first issued in 1935 and although they were expanded in later years to include new additions (Streifendienst flags etc), the dimensions and make-up of these flags never changed and we must therefore assume that no changes were made to the corner patch either.

Strangely, the RJF regulations don't say how big the corner panel should be. They only say where on the flag it should be positioned. However, the manufacture of all 1935 pattern (and later) flags and pennants used by the Hitler Youth was controlled by the RZM and the absolute majority of Gefolgschaft flags seen today all display the same characteristics (size, common material, uniform type of chain stitch, cord around the corner panel) so in my opinion we have no option other than to assume that the flag under discussion is not what it wants us to believe that it is.

In short, I agree with you guys :)

Hi Eric and thanks for your input. I see too many red flags with this Gefolgschaftfahne. So, are you vendor of something for the last day of 2012?:whoo:
Lauri, Pas une bonne idée, ne gaspillez pas votre argent ! salutations de Suisse:swiss

Back