Please login to view user info

my Hitler youth pennant

my new pennant was wondering about the border. my only thought were to keep it from fraying. maybe you guys could give me some insight.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith; 2nd March 2013 at 03:13 AM.

I took my pennant to a long time collector and a personal friend he looked it over and told me it was reinforced like that because it was a car pennant. how come none of the others on this site are not reinforced in this way?

I dont think it can be proven as an automobile pennant , however ; it looks good to me from your photos . My guess ...this pennant was worn affixed to a motorcycle .

a righteous item for sure, and has been home reinforced for use on a bicycle for which they where normally used or even a motorized vehicle for sure

thank you very much for the info . when I get time I will post some press release photos I have. my youth collection is very small right now . I have this pennant about 4 or 5 pictures 2 youth day tinnies and 3 buckles and a bread bag. I also have what I have been told was a bdm knife but I see that is a controversial thing to call it. I will post pictures as time allows . thank you all

Welcome to the forum Keith. Looking forward to seeing your collection

The pennant could also be for a vessel of some sort like a small sailing boat IMO.