Need help with a Hitler Youth pennant for re-enactors

Thanks Received
Hi, all.
I`m a HJ re-enactor and I want to make a HJ-pennant for our livinghistory-camp.

I didn't want to make a big Gefolgschaft-flag or Bann-flag, I want a small flag or pennant for re-enacting camp, for example pennant for Schar or Kameradschaft- is HJ have something like the one on picture 5 below?

In one picture I have seen something that I need, but it is very small and I can't read it.
Also I see fotos with small HJ-pennants.

Can anybody help with information about this question?
Also will be very usefull for me if anyone will say sizes of it, material for a staff (special types of wood or bamboo), how flag fastened to a staff (rings as on Gefolgschaft-flag or something else) and what 'top' it must have?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

No ideas about pennants on fotos above? Anyone?

This type pennants is the same in HJ like in BDM?

Attachments

The HJ did carry the large Wimpel early on (although not as a formation symbol as they later were for the BDM) but I see from your re-enactment photos that you are in the later period so that type of Wimpel would be incorrect because by then it was utilised by the BDM as their 'Mädelgruppenwimpel' (with formation number).

The red/white/red Wimpel was used by the HJ as a vehicle standard (Kraftwagenwimpel) and in the small version as a motorcycle/bicycle pennant. If you need to carry a flag then I would suggest the Gefolgschaft flag.

So you want to say that war-time HJ (1941-1945) already didn`t have any wimpels?
So on my fotos is a early HJ-wimpels, right?

It`s a very bad news for me :crying:

Why I didn`t want to made a Gefolgschaft flag:
-as for me, it is too big (170cm x 110cm);
-very hard to find repro or made new pole top for it;
-also for flag I will need made a metal rings that attach flag to the flagpole.

So I`m trying to find an alternative variants.

There is way out Kursan and that is to carry one of the large Wimpel (pic 1 and 2 above) and call it a 'Traditionswimpel'. Flags and pennants which were carried by the HJ prior to 30.1.1933 could be redesignated as 'Traditionsfahnen' and 'Traditionswimpel' and could legally be carried so if the unit you are portraying existed prior to the date above then you'll be fine.

Thanks for the answers! It is very interesting!

pennants which were carried by the HJ prior to 30.1.1933 could be redesignated as 'Traditionsfahnen' and 'Traditionswimpel' and could be carried on rallies etc alongside the standard flags so if the Bann you are portraying is a Bann which existed prior to the date above then you'll be fine.

I`m re-enact a 291 HJ-Bann. I know only that it already was at jan 1st 1936 and I didn`t find an information about it before 1933...

So, if anyone have seen a repro HJ-pole top on sale- please write to me :help:

Ah, Bann 291 was created in 1934 so unfortunately the rule I mentioned won't apply.

I didn't found any of it.
Made only a HJ-flag (cloth part), it is not a problem at all- many poeple and companies make copies of HJ-flags (but nobody made them with metal rings- for me it is not a problem. I have a men how can sew it for me if I will give him rings).
But made pole top, flagpole and rings- it is not easy, I havent see repros of them.

Attachments

Back