Need help in the proper id for this HJ related flag

Thanks Received
:001_smile:Hi all,
Although a member of other WW2 German military items related forums, I am a new member to this forum. I am an active private collector and have some HJ items in my collection. I recently had the opportunity to acquire a small flag which at first I thought was HJ. However, although HJ related based on the design (i.e., 2 white stripes) as best as I can determine it is either a Studentbund flag or a Deutsches Jungfolk flag or possibly a vehicle pennant. Regarding the latter the double sided item appears too large (13 inches x 12 1/2 inches) for a vehicle pennant. The wind resistance would be quite stressful on a fender mast. I have two questions. Can anyone provide the correct id for this flag and where typically would it be used? My guess as to usage would be an outdoor event such at a weekend camping with this flag flown to serve as a rally point or id some group or sub-group at the event.

I have not searched this forum but so far I have not been able to locate any image of this flag or specific documentation discussing its' design. If anyone has any specific links pertaining to this flag I would appreciate viewing them. Tnx.

John

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Unusual size ...it looks to be for a car mounted pennant .

Not HJ but Studentenbund IMO.

Tnx for your reply and opinion as to the entity. It appears to be an uncommon item as I have found very little text discussion about Studentenbund on the internet an no images of Studentenbund items. I'm sure somewhere there are some but so far I haven't been successful in locating them.

John

I agree with Darin, NS Studentenbund. But still very nice, never seen some like this before.

I agree with you Michael. When I first saw it I falsely assumed it was HJ related and a variation I previously had never seen. It is well made and designed to cope with the elements. Tnx.

John

Unusual size ...it looks to be for a car mounted pennant .

Thanks for your opinion. Interesting that you believe it is a vehicle pennant vice a flag. At a recent militaria collector's meet dominated with Vietnam era dealers I was surprised to find an individual disposing of his now deceased father's WW2 German military collection. Almost every item was first class museum quality with the appropriate high dollar prices. He told me his father began collecting in the 50s and over time had acquired the typical coverted Nazi items, i.e., SS daggers, SS presentation sword, SA, etc. items. Fortunately there were several items I could afford by bundled purchasing. This Studentenbund item was the first item I selected as it definitely stood out in appearance.

The son was not sure but he believed it might have been a vehicle pennant. Because of the item's construction and physical signs of outdoor use a good argument
can be made that it is a vehicle pennant. If so the vehicle fender mast had to be sturdy.

I'm now changing my opinion to its' use as being a Studentenbund vehicle pennant.

Thanks to all for your replies and helpful comments.

John

Thanks for the info Michael. I'll check it out.

PS: I lived/worked for the US Army in federal civil service in Worms, GY from 1969-1972. I had the opportunity to visit Garmish, GY and later Austria. I have to be honest and say I much preferred the beautiful Innsbruck alpine area compared to Vienna. I have good memories of my travels in Europe of a 3 year period and have many color slide pictures I took including in Austria traveling in my VW camper. My family home is in the Applachian Mountains in the US in the eastern part of Tennessee so, I feel at home driving mountainous roads and enjoying mountainous scenery.

John

Back