New Trumpet Banner with "Adolf Hitler Jugendfest 1935". ...anyone seen this before?

Thanks Received
I just picked up this Trumpet Banner from a private party. It has silver bullion fringe. If anyone know what the German words are in the upper right corner, I would sure like to know. In fact, I could use any information about it anyone could help with.

Thank You!:001_smile:

http://www.hj-research.com/forum/f87/help-needed-translation-hj-banner-3972/

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

what a really nice trumpet banner for a youth festival superb thanks for posting

steve

RE: festival banner

I had to use my cell phone cam and resize the pics way down to get them to post. Can anyone offer me a better way to get the pics uploaded? I'll try and get some better ones done tonight.

Thanks!

Hi,

If you resize your pics using irfanview or another graphics prog so that neither height nor width exceed 1000 pixels they will upload. Let me know if you have any probs.

:usaI hope these pics look better. The rune, oak leaves, HJ emblem and all writing are embroidered. I was wondering what metal the silver fringe was made of?

Attachments

interesting trumpet banner not all that uncommon to see this type of thing for special occasions still rare but these are found for many of the rallies associated with common tinnies

:canada1

tinnes are the various day badges given out for attendees at rallies and functions and on many occasions given out for donations but things like the REICHPARTAG RALLIES had tinnies and these type of banners made for them and the tinnies where made in the millions thus still flood the market today. Your banner is associated with such a tinnie

Attachments

That makes more sense out of it Paul. I obtained this banner last week from the friend of a coworker. Whomever had it, kept it in good shape...no holes, moth nips or staining. I paid $200 for it.
Do you know what kind of metal was for the fringe?

Thanks,
Tony

Thanks Paul. Knowing that this 75 year old piece of history has survived is amazing. Don't suppose you know where I could get a fanfare trumpet now?:001_smile:

This is as close as I was able to get. One is without flash, the other with it. When I got the banner, the coworker's friend got it from his father who got in in Germany during the war as a bringback...that is the story. It passed the blacklight test and has the look and smell of old cloth. The metal fringe has some slight tarnish to it, though you can't see it in the photos. Some one on the translation section was able to read the maker tag...so if you check it out there, you can see what the tag says. I know, I was skeptical too, but after inspecting it and black lighting it...plus knowing my coworker...I figured $200 was an accepatble risk.:sad:

Attachments

Thanks Paul. That makes me feel better about it. I have a few other items I have collected over the years. My prize is a WW2 vintage 8mm Mauser sniper rifle with original scope my uncle brought back. I also found laying on the sidewalk just down from my place a Luftwaffe summer flight helmet dated 1938. I have never figured out where that came from. I have a model M40 Luftwaffe helmet and a M42 SS helmet (liner is shot and no chinstrap:Cry:

SOUNDS LIKE SOME INTERESTING PIECES and always like to see pics maybe in the OTHER COLLECTIONS forum below.

EWIN do you have some thoughts on this with the new pics ?

PAUL:canada1

Back