New Trumpet Banner with "Adolf Hitler Jugendfest 1935". ...anyone seen this before?

I know what you mean. I still don't know. Have you ever seen anything like it before? I posted pics of it on the WAF and one of the posters said he thought it was a fantasy piece from Pakistan. So I just don't know. It is too bad I can't sent it off somewhere for authentication. I do know it is heavy and and has the feel of quality cloth. It sure sucks that the market is flooded with hundreds of thousands of fake 3rd Reich items. Oh...funny thing is, the guy on the WAF who said he thought it was a Pakistani fantasy piece...PM'd me and wanted to buy it. He was from Australia. Go figure.:blink:

I'm still on the fence on this one. Would need a hands on personally for me to be certain.

agreed here with darin but the embroidery in the diamond and writing looks modern to me also modern threads can now be had which show no glow, i didn't mean to upset the felling here but its just my opinion, i also seen a ss sport shirt emblem with the exact same make up being called reproduction and as i said it has the same material(the centre diamond and writing) make up that modern items have? but again what do i know?....not much :scot

Thanks for the input Ewan. I am certain you know much more than I about these things. Is there anyway at all to be absolutely sure it is not the real deal? I am going to want to approach the seller about this. He seemed to be genuine in his belief that it was original, but probably didn't have any more knowledge about reproductions than myself. If nothing else, I can at least make him aware of the rampant fraud and fake business. They really ought to make copying WW2 German militaria a crime considering how much real items often sell for. The govt. can, and does, go after people for downloading a few songs off the internet that might cost a few bucks, but they let crooks sell fake 3rd Reich memorabilia that can cost thousands for each item. I just don't get it.:frusty:

mate no prblems when i seen the ss sport vest patch it looked made the exact same way and of the exact same materials had the exact same look to it, now all the ss vest emblems you see are a bevo woven patch and are all identical but anythings possible of course especialy with hj but imo i dont like it and would not buy it now from you for $150 sorry :( better photos would be great and some outside daylight shots :scot

OFW is a member here and will hopefully see this thread but he certainly has the maker down as legit on his list.

I'm not saying it's bad, but then again I'm not sure it's good. Sometimes very difficult to tell with these trumpet banners. I do know that I've never seen a special one for a Jungendfest, either in a collection or photos. Difficult piece, but the price you paid was not really expensive so you either got a great deal or paid a just a little over odds for a reproduction.

Thanks for the great input guys. I think I will go on the assumption it is a reproduction unless proven otherwise. Still, it is a nice looking banner and I didn't pay a fortune for it. Would any of you be willing to check it out if I sent it to you for an evaluation, or could you give me someone who could? PM me if you can.

Ewan and Paul...I defer to the majority opinion...fake. Good thing I didn't pay too much for it. Just out of curiosity, hypothetically, what would a real one like this fetch? I guess I will just use it as a decoration, or if anyone needs it on the forum for decoration...I might let it go. Damn...I hate it that there is so much bogus crap floating around out there. :h

The seller has a broomhadle mauser he wanted to sell me. In light of the bad banner, I may try and get him to deal on that mauser.
That way he has a way to keep his respect and not feel like he is hosing potential buyers with bogus material. I'll let you know how it turns out.:thumb:

My advice is to have some more experienced folks do a hands on if you can't or don't want to return it. Blantant and known fakes can be spotted easily from photos but items like this are a little more difficult. Take it to a show or two if you are going to keep it and get some hands on opinions. Do a blacklight and burn test also, that should give you a better idea. The fact that it's one that is an "unknown" example and the price are obvious red flags, but on the other hand don't be too hasty with this one. If you are into it for around 200 USD you could probably make close to that ammount back selling it as a repro on Ebay or one of the various forums.

With respect bluethunder I'm going to have to take issue with two of your statements on the other forum:

"...On the HJ board, a member translated the maker as Tha Calico Manufactury located in Southern Germany near Austria. I believe the town is Heistenhelm at the Brenz..."

No we didn't. The company name and location were translated and explained 100% correctly here.

"...I posted this also on the HJ Forum and several of the regulars seemed to beleive it to be authentic....."

Well, two did and one has since reversed his opinion after seeing the pictures you posted on the other forum...

It's perfectly legitimate of course to seek opinions on other forums, especially with an item like this, but it would have been preferable if you had passed the information on 1:1.

Back to the banner though: Bob's opinion is always worth listening to closely but I must take issue with his rather condescending remark about the experience level of those who have commented on the banner here. His is a classic moot point on this occasion because this is an item which he is also quite clearly seeing for the first time along with our members.

Agree with some of what Garry is saying here as far as the "experience" level of members here. Really immpossible to tell what someones level of experience is from some message board postings and to make assumptions like that is just presumptuous.

Still stand by my point that with an unknown item like this authenticating it from a few not really detailed photos is difficult.

Sorry guys if I ruffled any feathers, that was not my intention. My bad Garry, you are right, the translation was done on this board. :blush:

at the end of the day who knows for sure 100% what the nazi party did produce so much of the hj / dj can be home made and many one off items, unless tests are carried out on the banner yes things dont look good or do look good in pictures when i first saw the banner i was impressed with it but i like flags anyway for the money paid on it it is still a nice back drop for a collection and who knows maybe the real one is laying in germany still to be discovered
still as long as the owner can live with it and that price no harm done and if any others surface then we will be armed with better info fakers ruin this hobby of ours but as we all know its a powerful drug third reich and many many more items will pass through for debate

steve

Back