Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Please login to view user info

    Printed Hitler Youth (and BdM, JM and DJ) flags and insignia

    just a question post,..
    -did the third reich/BDM/HJ/DJ print any type of insignia?
    -is a printed flag/insignia on a flag considered a total fake?


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wingman15 View Post
    just a question post,..
    -did the third reich/BDM/HJ/DJ print any type of insignia?
    -is a printed flag/insignia on a flag considered a total fake?
    THERE WAS SOME STUFF LATE WAR PERIOD PRINTED IE ARMBANDS THE REST BEWARE MOST LIKELY TOTAL FANTASY

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    THERE WAS SOME STUFF LATE WAR PERIOD PRINTED IE ARMBANDS THE REST BEWARE MOST LIKELY TOTAL FANTASY
    Paul?? late war? surely you mean EARLY pre-war? as we already discussed specifically regarding printed HJ armbands.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    Paul?? late war? surely you mean EARLY pre-war? as we already discussed specifically regarding printed HJ armbands.
    actually my reference would be the various volksturm armbands

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PAUL AYERST View Post
    actually my reference would be the various volksturm armbands
    ...of which most are fake :-) Paul, the question related to: did the third reich/BDM/HJ/DJ print any type of insignia?
    Not the aged, decrepid and crippled Volkssturm :-)

  6. #6
    Personally I've not seen period evidence of printed youth related flags, but I've not seen everything by any means. I like multi piece versions.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallwarenfabrik View Post
    ...of which most are fake :-) Paul, the question related to: did the third reich/BDM/HJ/DJ print any type of insignia?
    Not the aged, decrepid and crippled Volkssturm :-)
    of which was heavily augmented by the pre pubescent youth of the reich anyhow the question did ask about flags to which I have no reference

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefolgschaft View Post
    Personally I've not seen period evidence of printed youth related flags, but I've not seen everything by any means. I like multi piece versions.
    on page 3,4,5 of the Richter catalog, all the flags are described as multi-piece, and embroidered. the only "choices" a buyer had was the basic material, in variations:
    Indanthren Gefärbtem Bauwollstoff (Indanthen Baumwolle)
    " " " " " Reinwollenem Marinetuch
    " " " " " Reinwollenem Fahnenrips
    Wollflaggentuch
    Thats just one flag manufacturer though, in the early 30s...

  9. #9
    Indeed.

    Printed flags - avoid.

    Printed armbands: yes, they existed as Jo has shown, but only in the very early period. In addition to Jo's link the wiki page is also worth reading: Printed HJ Armbands

  10. #10

    Please login to view user info
    What is very early? Printed HJ-armbands (and SA for example) lasted at least until 1934 or even 1935.
    In price-list 22 from the concern of Karl Winkler from Dresden four armbands were mentioned:
    article-number 634 with printed swastika, the edges not sewn (RM 0.07);
    article-number 635 ibid, but edges sewn (RM 0.095);
    article-number 636 with sewn on ribbed swastika and white stripes (RM 0.185);
    article-number 637 for the greatcoat. These must have been from heavier material as they were the highest in price (RM 0.19).

    For armbands, bike-pennants and flags middle-parts were available in the printed version.
    Printed flags for the HJ were not mentioned, as for the DAF (this was especially mentioned for example by Fahnen-Fleck).
    In a price-list from about 1935 from Fahnen-Fleck no HJ flags are included that were printed.
    Only woolen flags for labor service-camps (NSAD) were available in the chemically printed version.

    During the war many flags were printed in my home-town Helmond by the concern Fentener van Vlissingen & Co's Katoendrukkerijen ,
    who made lots of Reichskriegsflagge-versions. They also printed the political swastika armband, but about HJ nothing is known.
    The concern denies even the SA armbands. From a collegue-researcher I know they must have printed Deutsche Wehrmacht and others as well.

    I got the information from the Karl Winkler concern (and Fleck) just a short while ago.
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 19th June 2013 at 09:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

HJ-Research, the Hitler Youth Militaria Collector Forum
Copyright © HJ-Research.com 2009 -
Web Hosting by Vidahost "Hosting for Life"