Question about Hitlerjugend flag of Gefolgschaft 8/112

Thanks Received
Hello,
My name is Matt and I am new to collecting. I acquired this flag and was wondering if I could get any opinions on it. I was told that it was worth approx. $700 USD. The gentleman who expressed the value also asked if the rings were RZM marked. The rings are not marked, does anyone know if that will affect the value? Also, being a newbie, I'm not sure where to start looking for the unit's identification. Where is the best place to start looking? Through the forum boards? Thanks in advance for any help and thanks for your time.

Matt

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

It's a Gefolgschaftsfahne. Definetly looks good to me. There are Bann number lists with Bann number, name, location and dates availible to full members of the forum here. Congrats on this one, it's a nice example.

It's a Gefolgschaft flag. Definitely looks good to me. There are Bann number lists with Bann number, name, location and dates available to full members of the forum here. Congrats on this one, it's a nice example.

darin i am sure it was you that asked about the rzm rings and valued it at 700? on a different forum?

its a cracker of a piece matt ;)

You got a killer of a deal , In my opinion .
Without the rings , an average price is around 850 dollars to 1000 dollars.
With the rings and RzM marked , I would put it at 1,200 to 1,500 dollars .
The rings having no RzM markings , I would estimate the price to be around 1000 .

Last edited:
darin i am sure it was you that asked about the rzm'ed rings and valued it at 700? on a different forum?

its a cracker of a piece matt ;)

I don't remember seeing this one, but I look at a lot of different forums. These seem to be all over the place sometimes in value up and down from prices I've seen. I've seen one go for really cheap at German War Booty and I've seen them up for sale for quite a bit on various forums but they don't sell quickly sometimes. They are great flags and a really nice size for display.

Thanks to everyone for the information and making me feel welcome. In this day and age, you can never be too careful and I was concerned it could be a reproduction. I'm glad to see that everyone so far seems to agree that it is the real deal.

I don't remember seeing this one, but I look at a lot of different forums. These seem to be all over the place sometimes in value up and down from prices I've seen. I've seen one go for really cheap at German War Booty and I've seen them up for sale for quite a bit on various forums but they don't sell quickly sometimes. They are great flags and a really nice size for display.

mate i am losing it!! :w00t::help::madgrin:

Thanks to everyone for the information and making me feel welcome. In this day and age, you can never be too careful and I was concerned it could be a reproduction. I'm glad to see that everyone so far seems to agree that it is the real deal.

It's righteous, and has all the bells and whistles that you want with one of these.

Ewan, I lost it a long time ago mate. :lol:

Back