Sign: "Meldestelle der Hitlerjugend"

Thanks Received
i got this sign MELDESTELLE DER HITLERJUGEND
is it Original?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
hi
i have the possibility to buy this piece
what would be a reasonable price to pay i can`t find any references

Yes, it would be very useful to see a period photo showing one of these in use. The "Meldestelle der Hitler-Jugend" is associated with the period of compulsory membership, so from 1939 onwards. I only see mention of special signs for the offices (Gebiet, Bann, Untergau etc) in the regulations.

The registration of new members of the Hitler Youth took place once a year between the 15th and 25th of January and reporting stations (Meldestellen) were created for this purpose. Would the costs involved in having an enamel sign made for such a short period be justified? I don't know but a period photo would clear that one up in an instant.

The wall plaque as shown is not a typical HJ plaque, and would not be announced specifically
for the HJ in their regulations. The plaque goes in use with the so-called Hoheitsschild der NSDAP
(the white plaque with back eagle) - and so it is a NSDAP-matter.
The shown plague is hung beneath that one and is known as Beischild zum Hoheitsschild or Hauptschild,
a secondary wall plaque. If needed one could make one sample only. They were not that expensive
in those days. I thought it was about 1.50 RM.

I guess the size will be 18.0 x 50.0 cm? I do not know if this type is faked, but there do exist
plaques with the same text where the letters are shaped somewhat differently.

Back