Soviet Russian Captured HJ Gefolgschaft flag 31/688 from Ost Pommern

Joe B

Banned
Thanks Received
Photo taken from ebay of Russain Soldiers showing off their war trophy .
The Gefolgschaft flag for Gefolgschaft 31, Bann 688 Schlawe Ost/Pommern .

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited:
I wonder if this photo can be dated other than just 1945 . Does anybody know when the city of Schlawe in Ost/Pommern fell to the Russians ?.
It would REALLY be COOL ... if a Russian collector had this flag in a current collection .

I wonder if this photo can be dated other than just 1945 . Does anybody know when the city of Schlawe in Ost/Pommern fell to the Russians ?.
It would REALLY be COOL ... if a Russian collector had this flag in a current collection .

Hi Joe,

According to the personal accounts at the link the first sounds of gunfire were heard on the 3rd of March and the Russians took Schlawe on the 7th of March

http://archeo.edu.pl/dziedzictwo/Sroka_J_Moj los byl tylko jednym sposrod_German version.pdf

Thanks Garry . Schlawe must have been quite a big city to have had at least 31 Gefolgschafts within Bann 688 .

Thanks Garry . Schlawe must have been quite a big city to have had at least 31 Gefolgschafts within Bann 688 .

Bann Schlawe was created in Feb 1942 after Bann 259 Köslin had been split in two. In lieu of other information I would assume that Bann Schlawe will have covered the Landkreis (district) of Schlawe. In 1939 the Landkreis had a total population of 77520 with the town of Schlawe making up 9746 of that.

Thank you again Garry , you allways come through with the hard questions .

Back