Unfinished Gefolgschaftsfahne..?

Thanks Received
This beauty made it into my collection in the last days. An - as it seems unfinished, and so never used - Gefolgschaftsfahne. Very bright colors, only small holes presumably from imsects. It measures 117x180cm the center swastika is 66cm square. All rings are present and RZM M1/83/42 marked. RZM label is also present. What makes me beliebe that it is unfished is the fact that the flag patch is missing and the edges of the flag are not sewn.

Any opinions om that piece?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

I would agree with you that this is an unfinished but genuine flag. The RZM code B8 is for the finishing of cotton which makes sense when, as you say, the flag has no corner patch and has unfinished edges. The manufacturer would appear to be Hans Seifert? (328). I can't find anything on the company though which would confirm that they were in this line of business.

The tag says: A4/328, which indeed is Hans Seifert from Limbach. But their permission
was withdrawn already with the date March 10, 1936 and as far as I could find, never
returned.
B 8 stands for "Ausrüstung von Rohgeweben der Gewerbegruppen a und c". Seifert was
anyway not included in this list in 1938.

Thanks Wim. Possible then that this RZM label has always been with the flag?

Back