HJ school mehlem/Bad Godesberg question

Thanks Received
Hello fellow collectors. I am looking for any information related to HJ school in the Mehlem/ Bad Godesberg area. Ive found informAtion saying it was a Reichfuhereschule and have also seen some info refering it to a Gebeitsfuhrerschule? And just rcently on a thread here Ive learned that RFS actually stands for Reichsfinanzschule and not Reichsfuhrerschule? Very confusing!

Hi there,

When found on shoulder straps (example) "RFS" stands for "Reichsfinanzschule".

There were male and female Hitler Youth leadership schools located in both Mehlem and Godesberg as follows:

For males:

1934:
HJ Obergebietsführerschule (Obergebiet 3 West) in Mehlem (Source) The Obergebiet was deprecated as a command structure in Sept 1934 and the school subsequently became the leadership school for Gebiet 11 as follows:

Gebiet 11 Mittelrhein (later Gebiet 11 Köln-Aachen):
HJ Gebietsführerschule 'Baldur von Schirach' in Mehlem. Photo of this school
Source

Later:
Gebietsführerschule II Baldur von Schirach, Mehlem
Source

For females:

1934:
BDM-Gauverbandsführerinnenschule (Gauverband 3 West) 'Der Turmhof', Godesberg (Source). The BDM-Gauverband was deprecated as a command structure in Sept 1934 and the school subsequently became:

Reichsführerinnenschule 2 des BDM, Godesberg
Source

I am not aware of any Reichsfinanzschule having been located in Mehlem or Bad Godesberg but will certainly look into it.

Garry and Wihelm, thank you very much for your replies, Ive just learned more from your replies then the last few days trolling the internet for answers! Thank you for clarifying the RFS abreviation. Also I was under the impression there was one school covering the area of both Mehlem and Godesburg. I did mange to find that old copy of SHAEF/CIA report on HJ on the internet but it didnt really clarify(at least to me!). The whole reason for this line of inquiry is I have a collection of silverware including a few NSDAP, SS and HJ schools. The HJ pieces have RFS stamped below the HJ diamond and on other side they have Mehlem engraved. I like to research all the pieces I have but the HJ pieces were confusing since it appears that Mehlem was a Gebeitsführerschule so the RFS abreviation does not fit so am questioning their authenticity.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

There is another spoon marked in this way here and also a photograph from an auction house (Auktionshaus Loesch - see below) showing what they describe as cutlery from the officers' mess of the HJ-Reichsführerschule located in Schloß Drachenburg/Mehlem. However, there appears never to have been such a school there. The castle was purchased by the DAF in 1940 and was used as an Adolf Hitler School initially (and again in 1944) but I see no references to the location of either a HJ Reichsführerschule or a Reichsfinanzschule there. Although the 1944 SHAEF list contains errors it is useful but it does not list either of those types of school in HJ Gebiet 11.

Cutlery supposedly used in the officers' mess within Reichsführerschule Schloß Drachenburg/Mehlem:

Attachments

Back