Junges Europa 1943

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great vid Rob! I wish I could understand a bit more German language!

Was that jump from the roof of the building for real :eek::scared:

Nick

Yeah, I wish my German was better too. The film sounds like its for the testing process (Prüfung=test) for one of the AHS Schools. I've read that there were "courage tests" that had to be performed, jumping from a building was one of them, but I can't remember if a distance was given. The film looks real, but may have been filmed at certain angles or edited to make it appear like a greater height, ala Hollywood. Either way, the "Imagine this being done today" phrase pops up if you found out your kid was jumping off a 2 story building to show how brave he is!

Rob

Thanks for posting Rob:thumbup1:

Its a great clip , i know it was a propaganda film but it was good to see all those kids genuinly ejoying themselves without all the pc health and safety bullcrap our kids suffer today.

Loved the trumpet banners . skydiving off the roof and the punch &judy show , good stuff as for the glider i prefer two feet on the ground:D

steve

I always like when they snap the trumpet banners and start the fanfare in films like this. I think I'd give the glider a shot, only because I figure it must have a sense of "freedom" to fly like that, and it would probably be done only once. Plus, if they could do it, so could I :tongue_smilie: !

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back