List of the Flieger-Technische Vorschule (Aeronautical Preparatory Technical Schools)

Question .... If a boy that lived outside of the area of the closest Fleiger tech school got the grades to get into the Fleiger Tech school . Would that student then be assigned to the HJ Bann within the Tech school that was in the area . Example ...would the Bann number on the straps always match the Fleiger Tech school name . Or would they wear their former bann numbered shoulderstraps but with the correct gebiet triangle to match the closest school cufftitle .

To the best of my knowledge and research, the triangles and Bann numbers, were according to the Bann, in which the school was located.
My main sources are Wilhelm Saris's "Handbook ..", pages 434 to 440, and the few photos I have seen, showing both triangles and Bann numbers. :yo:

Uniformen-Markt

Dienstkleidung: Flieger-Technische-Schulen

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Uniformen-Markt, Nr. 21, 1. November 1940, p. 164.

Luftwaffe
Dienstkleidung: Fliegertechnische Vorschulen

Uniformen-Markt, Nr. 6, 15. März 1941, p. 56.

Attachments

Hi Henrik,

I would like to place the up to date list into post #1. Which of the lists within the thread would you like me to put there? The information presently contained in post #1 would remain but would be visible beneath the current list.

Hello Cemifor and garry ! thanks for your post .
The second part of the post 42 (the right side of the Uniformen-Mark nr. 6) is not so easy to read .
I m surprise about the color of the shoes and from the socks too: " den braunen Kniestrümpfen und braunen Schnuhalbschuhen" because i thought the should be at this time (1941) black .
From the 32 Fl-Tech schools i found the name of a "new" one from Berlin : BERLIN-Genshagen (i own the cloth-badge).This one is not listing by Angolia (21 names )or By Wilhelm(30 names).
I remember me too that WEITZE had one to sell for some years which don t appear on the both list but sadly i dont know the name anymore (it was from the EAST territorys ).

The second part of the post 42 (the right side of the Uniformen-Mark nr. 6) is not so easy to read .
I m surprise about the color of the shoes and from the socks too: " den braunen Kniestrümpfen und braunen Schnuhalbschuhen" because i thought the should be at this time (1941) black .
From the 32 Fl-Tech schools i found the name of a "new" one from Berlin : BERLIN-Genshagen (i own the cloth-badge).This one is not listing by Angolia (21 names )or By Wilhelm(30 names).
I remember me too that WEITZE had one to sell for some years which don t appear on the both list but sadly i dont know the name anymore (it was from the EAST territorys ).

Cool. Another one for the list. I'll wait for Henrik to update so that I can enter the current list into post #1.

Members of the Fliegertechnische-Vorschule Stettin had the dog tags too

Attachments

Last edited:
Here again something of mine to christmas....

Enjoy...

Best regards

Attachments

Hi Bertrand,
I have just read your comment and I confirm the existence of the Berlin-Genshagen school. I have the overseas cap and you have the patch of the same school, SUPER !. Could you show your patch, please?

Attachments

Henrik's list in post #1 updated with subsequent findings from the thread. 34 Fl. Techn. Vorschulen found so far. Thanks to all for your contributions.

I was just wondering which list of the schools is the best or most up to date one. There are 3 in the thread I think so I was a bit confused. Thanks for all of your work on this!

Which list is the correct one guys?

List in #1 is the most complete, with known schools. Updated by Garry, see #49.

List in #34 shows schools with known insignia.

List in post #35 shows schools with known Gebiet and Bann-number.

List (from 1996) in post #36 shows names of Schule = School, Ausbildungsbetrieb = training compagny, Standort = location

:yo:

hello , i have this list from the NET

Attachments

This patch is a copy i think , the constuction of the back (sorry no photo) is the same as the well know diamondshaped arm patch "Techn. Vorschule d. Luftwaffe FRIEDRICHHAFEN

Attachments

Hello,
here my little collection about the "vorschulen der LW" . Maybe someone can complete the list (post 34)
PS: ERIC , after a very long time ...find there too the "Berlin GERNSHAGEN" patch
On the first pic the ink stamp is "Fl.Tech. Vorschule"
The "Bremen-Hemelingen" is bleached by the sun
The second round Patch from pic 2 is from the DLV and often see on "Vorschule " uniforms
The best piece of my collection is a (short-) jacket (from the EX Lothar HARTUNG collection, I bought it a few years ago ) but i have no photos to show at the moment

Attachments

PS: ERIC , after a very long time ...find there too the "Berlin GERNSHAGEN" patch
Dear Bertrand,
Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate your collection. It was worth waiting 4 years to see your Berlin-Genshagen badge. Never seen before.

Eric

Thank you both for the feedback and for your indulgence, Eric!

Back