Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Please login to view user info
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Just wondering whether this NPEA wore the "NPEA Wien-Theresanium" triangle. It would appear that the Wien NPEA had a hand in gaining control of the monastery in 1940 prior to it becoming NPEA Vorau.
    Hello Garry,

all the NPEA institutions functioned in partnership with other institutions as Potsdam and Neuzelle.
    It is for these reasons that all institutions had not all their own triangles as Vorau, Neuzelle, Rufach ..... etc.

Best Regards

Eric

Hi Eric,

Yes, it would be good to confirm that boys at Vorau wore the Wien-Theresanium triangle. This was apparently the case with Burg Strechau which was an annexe of Wien-Theresanium. Actually, I'd like to add the triangle to all 44 entries in post #1. Grateful for assistance!

So this NPEA should be added to the list in post 1?

Raudnitz an der Elbe (NPEA Raudnitz) Protektorat Böhmen Mähren opened July 1944(?) I have not seen a triangle ever for this NPEA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trommeller View Post
    So this NPEA should be added to the list in post 1?

Raudnitz an der Elbe (NPEA Raudnitz) Protektorat Böhmen Mähren opened July 1944(?) I have not seen a triangle ever for this NPEA.
    It is quite normal that you have never seen the NPEA triangles of Raudnitz because they never existed.
    Indeed, the last NPEA triangle manufactured was that of Sudetengau for the institution of Ploschkowitz, opened in October 1940.

On the other hand, there is a small error in Garry's list concerning Ploschkowitz:
    - It is not the institution of NPEA Sudetenland but the institution of NPEA SUDETENGAU.
    NPEA Sudetengau.jpg

Source: documentary about NS elite schools on the TV channel ARTE

Quote Originally Posted by WIDUKIND View Post
    It is quite normal that you have never seen the NPEA triangles of Raudnitz because they never existed.
    Indeed, the last NPEA triangle manufactured was that of Sudetengau for the institution of Ploschkowitz, opened in October 1940.

On the other hand, there is a small error in Garry's list concerning Ploschkowitz:
    - It is not the institution of NPEA Sudetenland but the institution of NPEA SUDETENGAU.

Source: documentary about NS elite schools on the TV channel ARTE
    Thank you for that info on the triangle. I looked for "NPEA Sudetengau" but all results in Google show "NPEA Sudetenland"? I see no entrys for Sudetengau. May they have got it wrong on that TV program?

I posted a postcard from my collection which highlights " Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalt Sudetengau ".
    Also, if you have Ron Weinand's last book about NPEA daggers, there is a photo of the triangle, page 115.
    Document numérisé.jpg

Among the rarest NPEA triangles. I've never seen one in a collection before, only in period photos.

Great pic of the triangle Eric. Many thanks. I entered NPEA Sudetenland as the list from the RAD Verordnungsblatt posted by Wim here shows that as being the name. However, the triangle clearly contradicts that.

So, absolutely no chance that that this school had an "NPEA Sudetenland" triangle for a short time? Not questioning your knowledge mate, I just need to know that our list is definitely correct

The triangle "NPEA Sudetenland" could not be worn, even for a short time because I think that the appellation " NPEA Sudetenland" was not retained despite the information published in the RAD Verordnunsgblatt from May 5, 1942.
    I would not be surprised if the chief inspector of the Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalten, August Heißmeyer, was involved in this decision.

Quote Originally Posted by WIDUKIND View Post
    I posted a postcard from my collection which highlights " Nationalpolitische Erziehungsanstalt Sudetengau ".
    Fantastic. First time I see the Sudetengau triangle. Does any member have an example of it in a collection?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast