Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Please login to view user info
    Widukind:
    “The triangle "NPEA Sudetenland"could not be worn, even for a short time because I think that the appellation" NPEA Sudetenland" was not retained despite the information published in the RAD Verordnungsblatt from May 5, 1942”.

I have seen the triangle “NPEA Sudentengau” being worn as shown. It must be extremely rare, as it is very uncommon to see the use of this word, surely within most of the NSDAP-organizations. Normally the word “Sudetenland” was in use.

When this area came into being for the HJ it was phrased as “Sudetenland” (Gebiet 35),since November 5, 1938 and as such mentioned in the “Amtliches Nachrichtenblattdes Jugendfhrers” from November 11, 1938 (VI/22), as well as the “Vorlufiges Anschriftenverzeichnis”, published by the Reichsjugendfhrung in 1939 and for example the “Reichsbefehl der Reichsjugendfhrung der NSDAP” from January 2, 1941 (1/41 K).
    For the SA it was the district “Sudeten”, which came into being. As such phrased in the “Verordnungsblatt der Obersten SA-Fhrung” from November 24, 1938 (nr.196) and “Anschriften-Verzeichnis der SA” from the Oberste SA-Fhrung from March 20, 1942. Within the NSKK it first existed as “Motorgruppe Sudetenland” with the date November 4, 1938; one month later renamed as “Egerland”. During the years the area was known as “Sudetenland”and as such mentioned in the “NSKK-Verordnungsblatt” from March 15, 1939 (nr.53). And so I can continue for other organizations.

In the “RAD-Verordnungsblatt”from May 5, 1942 (nr. 114, page 108) it was mentioned as “Sudetenland” at Ploschkowitz near Leitmeritz. And so I assumed the name for the NPEA so would be “Sudetenland” in lieu to the HJ-organization. Here I was possibly mislead.

However the NPEA may have been in lieu for the name as for the NSDAP-organization. With Hitler-order161/38, as published in the “Verordnungsblatt der Reichsleitung der NSDAP” from mid-November 1938 it was said: herewith I declare the Sudetendeutsche-areas do form the “Gau Sudetenland”. Later this word was repeated in the same periodicalfrom mid-April 1939 with order 59/38. It is possible from this the word “Sudetengau” was derived for the NPEA-institution, but it was NOT specifically said!
    Last edited by wilhelm saris; 3rd April 2017 at 04:19 PM.

Talking about NPEA Loben... This institution was built in Autumn 1940 from NPEA Naumburg's cadre with assigned teachers from Sudetenland. Leader of the organizational teams in Loben was SS-Sturmbannfhrer Prof. Franz Moschnitschka.

Quote Originally Posted by Transpspeer View Post
    Talking about NPEA Loben... This institution was built in Autumn 1940 from NPEA Naumburg's cadre with assigned teachers from Sudetenland. Leader of the organizational teams in Loben was SS-Sturmbannfhrer Prof. Franz Moschnitschka.
    Long time no hear. Good to see you back

So Loben was (semi?)operational in autumn 1940? Do you have a reference for that which I can add it to the list in post #1?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry View Post
    Long time no hear. Good to see you back

So Loben was (semi?)operational in autumn 1940? Do you have a reference for that which I can add it to the list in post #1?
    Thanks

Yes. In that time (Autumn 1940) it was known as NPEA Lublinitz and Moschnitschka was all the way busy, trying to recruit boys in Sudetenland. But these actions met with opposition from local authorities, because of NPEA Ploschkowitz's recruiting drive and because it was advised to Moschnitschka to reckon with the possibility of second NPEA institution in Sudetenland - and it was established! NPEA Raudnitz/Elbe, opened in June 1943. I will adress to that later.

Reference? It was, I believe, a letter, dated October 23, 1940 from some SS-Obersturmbannfhrer to Moschnitschka.

Loben was a Speech therapy school, located in the Ost-Oberschlesien, before it got snapped up by the NPEA.

Loben (Lubliniec) is located in Poland today.

The date of the conversion is indeed September 5, 1940 but the official opening is indeed April 1, 1941.
    The Anstaltsleiter was indeed Franz Moschnitschka, but from 1942, it was Hans Brandenburg.
    This institution had 5 classes and the total enrollment was 136 pupils in 1942.

Conclusion: a very small school compared to other schools like Oranienstein, Stuhm, Naumburg or Ballenstedt (Anhalt) that had up to 14 classes.

Source : National-Sozialistische Ausleseschulen Internatsschulen als Herrschaftsmittel des Fhrerstaates by Harald Scholtz 1973, pages 328 to 331

That's great. Many thanks guys.

And here it is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234