N.P.E.A. Pfortner Insignia?

Thanks Received
In his book "The H.J. Vol 2 page 94 Angolia mentions certain insignia used by officials of the N.P.E.A.. One of the items he mentions is for a Doorman or Pfortner, stating the insignia was a silver colored key worn 2 cm above the cuff on the right sleeve. Is there a mention of this insignia in any regulations, periodicals, or other sources? I've never seen an example of this insignia and as typical Angolia cites no reference for this insignia in his book.

Angolia has this information taken from the magazin "Uniformen-Markt", number 5 from March 1, 1940.
This two page article deals with information about the NPEA (Von den Schülern in Uniform).
The information is just brief: der Pförtner trägt auf dem rechten Unterärmel, etwa 2 cm über dem Aufschlag,
einen silbernen Schlüssel aus Metall
(doormen do wear at the right lower arm, about 2.0 cm above the cuff -
this is a tunic - a silver key from metal). Also the other insignia Angolia tells about in his book on page 94
are from this article.

I have never seen any other information about this. Nor have I ever seen a photograph with this key (and in wear).
Maybe Garry can give more information!

Last edited:
Hello Darin,

Sorry but I do not remember having a photo in my archives and I've never heard of such an insignia....!

Back