An absolutely highlight for any triangle collection - HJ Marburg

Thanks Received
Hi mates,

today I received a highlight for my small collection. Please have a look! I'll tell you later what we have here :drool: Maybe some of you know more... :w00t:

A happy Sven.

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Never saw anything like that.

What type of Triangle is that?

Regards

Antonio

It is cottage industry ...Home made .
Non regulation but could be real .

Marburg (an der Drau) is the German name of Maribor in Slovenia. The Youth organisation of the Slovenian minority, who was resettlet to the middle of Croatia, wore these triangles. They were made in private tailorings and there were some more different triangles in Croatia! Very interesting to know is that the youth organisations also wore armbands very similar to the HJ but the armbands were blue instead of red!

Blue you say very interesting we just condemned one for sale as a big fake so obviously we need more info here if anyone can add to this would be of huge interest here

PAUL

Very interesting to know is that the youth organisations also wore armbands very similar to the HJ but the armbands were blue instead of red!

I also would like to hear more on the validity of the blue armband. I do not think they are real but if you have some proof it would be great to see. Until then I must continue to think that blue/white=fake.

After war most of NS insignia and uniforms in Croatia, Slovenia and so on were annihilated and erased (and lost forever) because all NS collaborators were in danger to become murdererd. Only a few items are still existent. In the last years less than 10 old wartime and original armbands were found. They are of different styles because of the private tailorings. So it was possible that in one village or town other armbands and triangles were used as in the next neighbour city. It's known that armbands without the white strap/stripe in the middle were made and worn! I know a photo with such an armband.

One of my next missions is to organize more informations, collectibles, photos and maybe insignia - I hope you wish me some luck and patience.

The blue armband at the German auction some day ago was interesting. The armband looked good - but to good for the armbands which were worn in Croatia. If I remember right it was made in the same way as we know from normal red HJ armbands. I'm one of the poor stupid guys who tried to win the auction :w00t: I wanted the item to compare.
Since years lots of blue fakes (armbands, membership pins, knives, ...) are offered as Marine HJ related items. Nonsense I think but not 100% clarified.

But, ... another 'but'... I've heard about really good looking membership pins and more 'in blue' some years ago and there were no definite doubts of the orignality. Also that maybe some more foreign countries youth organisations used insignia, pins, whatever with blue colour! I always thought about a rumour without arguments and proofs. Now I got the new advices from former Yugoslavia and I think that these advices are very hot!

That's it in the moment. I have many questions but I think that we all know that more research for unknown facts is needed. Please excuse my bad English :blushing:

I also would like to hear more on the validity of the blue armband. I do not think they are real but if you have some proof it would be great to see. Until then I must continue to think that blue/white=fake.

THANKS YOUR THEORIES ARE INDEED INTERESTING AND i HOPE MORE COMES TO LIGHT AS ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE GOOD LUCK ON YOUR HUNT:clap2:

paul

by the way I like the triangle and feel it is good

opinion / question

Good day Sven,

in favour to all non German speaking collectors, let's try it in English. I'm not a triangle collector so please consider me as "fresh" pair of eyes on the subject.
I like stories told like you did but I'm sure you understand the suspicious under us collectors.
So to start with a basic question: what letter is the second (most probably capital letter) in the upper line. It looks a bit like a capital "Z", what would make HZ instead of HJ. The H and all the bottom line is pretty much Gothic script style, but the Z is a bit out to say the least.

Rgds from North Germany

Daniel

Hi mates,

today I received a highlight for my small collection. Please have a look! I'll tell you later what we have here :drool: Maybe some of you know more... :w00t:

A happy Sven.

Good day Sven,

in favour to all non German speaking collectors, let's try it in English. I'm not a triangle collector so please consider me as "fresh" pair of eyes on the subject.
I like stories told like you did but I'm sure you understand the suspicious under us collectors.
So to start with a basic question: what letter is the second (most probably capital letter) in the upper line. It looks a bit like a capital "Z", what would make HZ instead of HJ. The H and all the bottom line is pretty much Gothic script style, but the Z is a bit out to say the least.

Rgds from North Germany

Daniel

Yes this is a very old thread but this blue still interests me. I can not think why a country would look at a nazi armband and say no, we will have it in blue. No sense in that. Also, Marine-HJ in Germany did never use blue instead of red on insignia (membership badge, knife, armband etcetera). This is all nonsense and it will be a waste of time to research to find a diffrent answer in my opinion

Yes this is a very old thread but this blue still interests me. I can not think why a country would look at a nazi armband and say no, we will have it in blue. No sense in that. Also, Marine-HJ in Germany did never use blue instead of red on insignia (membership badge, knife, armband etcetera). This is all nonsense and it will be a waste of time to research to find a diffrent answer in my opinion

nothing wrong with visiting/commenting an old thread, creates a chance for further discussion and should be encouraged imo so comment away :good:

was hoping this thread would bring out more info due to the wealth of period data held by members here, but nothing new so this must still be viewed with the utmost suspicion:canada1

The name Marburg was NOT listed with the names of Bann-units for the Deutsche Jugend outside
the German borders. A list was published in the magazine "Der DJ-Führer, Organ der Landesjugendführung
der Deutschen Volksgruppe Rumänien
" from March-April 1944 (copy was kindly supplied to me after the
publishing of my handbook by mr. Sonny Berton). Maybe I already have shown it in another thread. This I can't
remember!

Nordschleswig:
Bann Alpenrade

Slowakei:
Bann 1: Pressburg
Bann 2: Hauerland
Bann 3: Oberzips (stated in wear on page 584 from the handbook)
Bann 4: Unterzips
Bann 5: Waagtal

Banat und Serbien:
Bann 1: Betschkerek
Bann 2: Werschetz
Bann 3: Belgrad
Bann 4: Kidinka
Bann 5: Pantschova

Kroatien:
Bann 1: Ostsyrmien
Bann 2: Save-Donau (stated in wear page 593 from the handbook)
Bann 3: Unterdrau
Bann 4: Mitteldrau

Ungarn:
Bann 1: Schwäbische Türkei
Bann 2: Mitte
Bann 3: Buchenwald
Bann 4: Westungarn
Bann 5: Sathmar und Karpatenland
Bann 6: Nordsiebenbürgen
Bann 7: Batschka

Rumänien:
Bann 1: Kronstadt
Bann 2: Schäszburg
Bann 3: Mediasch
Bann 4: Hermannstadt
Bann 5: Mühlbach
Bann 6: Reschlitz
Bann 7: Temeschburg
Bann 8: Lowrin
Bann 9: Arad.

I would not trust for one second the shown Marburg, as what Marine-HJ says.
The lettering, especially for HJ, is no good! The embroidery is "homework", but
this is just my opinion! And why blue? The triangles mentioned above have the
regular yellow or white colors.

Last edited:
I agree to "Marine HJ" . The trinangle - what ever it has been used for - does not display the abbreviation for "HJ" but for "HZ". Pl
ease compare with the attached table for German typeface.

Attachments

Back