BDM Süd Franken sleeve triangle

Thanks Received
hello all
what do you think about this?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

looks like a nice bdm triangle from the pics

Last edited:
Hi Thor62,

I keep looking at that BDM.. I have a lot of triangle pictures but none of them (early style or late) have lettering like that. I can't see that high horizontal line on the reverse on any other triangle either. That may or may not mean something. Anyone else have a Franken like this?

The Hordenführer is also normally on a wool/felt-like material. Badge looks like a relic.

garry i agree the lettering is diff to the hj version.
the hj version has more gaps between the letters and the diamonds above the u are alot smaller, have seen a line on the back of these triangles at varing heights before so didnt really see that as an issue, at a quick glance i thought this was just differant due to the fact its a bdm one and not a hj one, have not seen a bdm one to compare

IMO the badge is great and as I said in another post there where many makers especially in the WUPPERTAL area and that at least three sceipt styles where in use

PAUL

This one is a replica !

Hello,

This triangle is a fake. Look at the back.

Best regards
Debertex

Attachments

Thanks Debertex. Just for the thread do you have more background on these particular fakes? New or old? Do you have a bigger picture?

I saw them on a dealer site (american or perhaps japanese) who sell them as copys. If I found the address again, I'll told you.

WHEN I compare THOR'S with the fake strip there is a big difference in the weave of THOR'S which conforms with period pieces would now want to see both in hand

Here are better pics of this fake.

Attachments

Ok, found'em. If you need anything else, let me know. The Sud Franken is top right.

Rob

Attachments

Back