BDM triangle RJF Stab, Mitte Thüringen, Landdienst der HJ

Thanks Received
Hello Guys,

my name is frank, i´m from germany and i collect more WH and LW uniform and headgear than HJ stuff.
Sunday I got a little BDM lot. It was stored in a Penaten Creme box in a garage over the years.
I posted this set in the WAF Forum and a forum member told me, the "RJF Stab" is a really rare one.
So i want to share this little found in a special HJ/BDM forum.

Best Regards,
Frank

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Really great insignia kamerad .

I have a RJF in HJ also . good find .

Attachments

RJF Stab

"RJF Stab"
Hello ,
Can you speak to me what is signification
of RJF Stab ?
Thank's
Jean-Marie

"RJF Stab"
Hello ,
Can you speak to me what is signification
of RJF Stab ?
Thank's
Jean-Marie

Jean, the RJF stab is for staff members of the Reichsjugendfuhrung. It was a complicated branch of the H.J. but a summary would be that it's function was to inspect H.J. routines and procedures as well as those of the leadership schools. This is a very brief summary as this section had many other duties. Perhaps Garry can provide more detailed information.

Jean, the RJF stab is for staff members of the Reichsjugendfuhrung. It was a complicated branch of the H.J. but a summary would be that it's function was to inspect H.J. routines and procedures as well as those of the leadership schools. This is a very brief summary as this section had many other duties. Perhaps Garry can provide more detailed information.
Thank's for reply
Best regards
Jean-Marie

Ther is some great items coming on this forum now thanks for posting dam rare items

steve

As far as the organisation of the RJF is concerned that would definitely be a good subject for a new thread :thumb:

I just wanted to add a little more to this thread though:

'RJF' triangles were worn by the Stabsführer, RJF Amtschefs (departmental heads) and certain other personnel specially appointed by von Schirach:

'...besonders vom Reichsjugendführer berufene Führer
'

The triangle colours were silver-grey/black für females und yellow/black für men obviously.

'RJF-Stab' triangles were worn by those on the staff of the RJF who were entitled to wear the leaders' service uniform (Führerdienstanzug). Gefolgschaftsführer and Fähnleinführer were included in 1941.

The RJF-Stab triangles were also worn by the Bannführer of Reichsbann B (Blinde), G (Gehörgeschädigte), BS (Binnenschifffahrt) and S (Seefahrt) from 1939

I'm looking for more specific info on the average size of an RJF department Paul but I have some figures here for the overall leadership of the movement:

In May 1939 (effectively the peak size of the organisation) a total of 19,765 personnel had leading staff positions from Bann level (and BDM, DJ and JM equivalent) up to and including the Reichsjugendführung. Of these, 1,787 were in the rank range Bannführer to Obergebietsführer*

Once I have more I'll get back to you but I would think that we are looking at a total number in use of around a couple of thousand for the RJF-Stab triangle.

* (includes those in equivalent ranks in the DJ, BDM and JM)

YA makes sense due to the obvious rarity of the triangle on the market today. Over the years I would imagine a few thousand wore it but still low numbers overall

:canada1

Yep, most certainly a rare triangle today. As I say, if I can get a more exact figure I'll post it because I hate guessing :) The final figure relies totally on exactly what constituted a department of course. If we are talking purely about those working on the staff of the various RJF departments in Berlin only then the figure of a couple of thousand will be too high. Over the years it may not be too unrealistic though as you say.

Ah, well originally each of the Obergebiete Nord, Süd etc had its own staff but Stabsführer Lauterbacher did away with them beginning in mid-1934 (completed in 1935). After that point they only existed on paper as organisational structures so those triangles (which I incidentally had never seen) must indeed have been short-lived as was mentioned on the other thread.

Back