fake IMO but i might be wrong AHS Hesselberg Triangle

Thanks Received
AHS Hesselberg

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

thats what i thought but worth showing so the new collectors dont get caught

steve

AHS Hesselberg (named after the hill of the same name in Franken) was going to be Julius Streicher's baby but neither it nor his planned mausoleum were actually ever completed. The only part of the school to be finished was an administration building. With this in mind the triangle should not exist as there would have been no requirement for it.

Having said that, even if the triangle had a legitimate AHS name I would say fake if it looked like this Hesselberg.

great info as ever garry just goes to show the length some fakers will go too

cheers steve

More information that I have found on the Hesselberg triangle.

The Saris reference shows a photo of a Hesselberg triangle that looks like a good period example, and has a traditionslitzen on page 409. In his list of AHS schools he states the following.

'It is not known to what extent triangles were actually worn. It is possible they were manufactured for use and mostly kept in stock by some of the schools, to be used when that school did indeed open. This is probably the reason why so many triangles in collections today are in new condition. The war obviously derailed the opening of some schools.'

He states in the photo caption for the Hesselberg triangle that students that were to attend this location were housed at the Ordensburg Vogelsang.

He states his sources as:
Scholtz pp 208-209, from the Kurzes Kalendar 1942.
Die Adolf Hitler Schule 1937
Berliner Borsenzeitung dated April 20, 1937.

Thanks Darin. Yes, a lot is unclear. What he says there in italics makes sense however when you consider how the AHS came to be and that they ended up with a system grinding to a halt initially because the Gaue simply didn't have a school in the majority of cases.

On the other point concerning the temporary accommodation of boys whose schools had not yet been built/completed I see on page 9 of Klüver's 'Die Adolf Hitler Schulen' that he shows that those pupils awaiting the build of their AHS were sent to the Ordensburg Krössinsee during 1937 and later to Ordensburg Sonthofen. He doesn't mention Vogelsang. Max Krüver was the head of AHS Heiligendamm and later head of the AHS education academy.

If I were to see a photo of a pupil at Ordensburg Sonthofen or Krössinsee wearing an AHS Hesselberg triangle I'd be convinced.

Edited to add a bit

This is a scan from the book of the triangle Saris shows. It looks period to me. I think the theory that some were made but not used may be a valid one. Great thread with some nice information.

Attachments

Thanks for the scan. Yes, that triangle appears to have the attributes we would expect to see but I would still want to see one being worn or some period evidence in the form of regulations/mentions in period publications. That's just me. I'm more interested in why it is here as opposed to whether it is good/bad although clearly I'm interested in that too. We have no proof that it was worn, where it was worn, for how long and from when etc etc. Finding out stuff like that makes me happier to accept items like this.

It's possible that it was never worn or issued IMO. Agree it would be great to see this triangle listed in a period source or publication.

GARRY don't forget about the liberation of Dachau and what the allies pulled out of the warehouses there many insignia that was never issued in the hundreds but now highly collected and sought after

:canada1

One intersting thing regarding AHS triangles I've noticed. Seems a lot of the Tilsit triangles I've seen exhibit an odd blue green patina on them like they were stored together somewhere unissued where something caused this patina to adhere to them, and decay them somewhat. The patina and decay don't appear to be from wear but from bad storage. I've only seen a few that don't have this from Tilsit.

That's one reason I think the Hesselberg triangle may be period but unissued or unused. All examples I have seen appear to be factory fresh and well preserved.

Edited to add images of Tilsit triangles.

Attachments

Last edited:
Already posted the photo Yesterday in another topic.
The triangle and strap came straight from the boys daughter.
They are tunic removed, plus the daughter told me her father went to that school.

Bought a lot from this family before.
100% genuine

So yeah.. the school did operate in that time.

Attachments

This is from the web..
You can see the Hesselberg triangle in use!

Attachments

A very nice set , unfortunely the RUNE White on Red is for general- HJ . You need now to find one in black on White.

By my knowledge white on red was common everywhere at the end of the war.

But nevertheless.. the boy kept it this way, so I won't search for another color.

Back