framing my Nord Nordsee triangles with different gothic lettering

Thanks Received
:yo: folks,

Finally I managed to frame my Nord Nordsee triangles.
:clap2:
Here is my collection of triangles (1 BDM) with all different gothic lettering,
put together so one has an overview of the differences.
Some differences are subtle, others are better visible.
But what am I talking about, pictures say so such more than words, so just have a look and find out for yourself where lies the differences.

Mike
:belgium

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Very nice and focused! If you want to add another BDM to your collection just send me a PM.

Michael,
Thx for your reply and your offer.
But at this moment I do not wish to start collecting BDM triangles, hey I have allready problems getting my hands on the HJ triangles.
NO,... the raison why this BDM is seen, is because of the difference in gothic lettering. Should I ever come across the same type of lettering for a HJ specimen, the BDM will be offered for sale to anyone interested.
Mike

Hi Mike

are all these different letterings from different producers?

Hmmm,

good question.
I don't think it is only a matter of manufacturer but that it has also something to do with the period of fabrication.
I haven't untill now heard of typical usage of one type of lettering wich could be put in inmediat relation to one manufacturer.
Often you see a difference in lettering depending the period of fabrication.
But if anyone can give more info on this topic, it is most welcome.
Mike

If there are so many specimen of the same triangle it becomese more difficult to know what a fake is.:neth

Are there any other known triangles that have that much differences in the lettering?

Maybe Paul Ayerst can give an answer on this question?
I believe at one time he started a thread where he asked at all the members of the forum to sent pics of different Gothic lettering, so that this could serve as some sort of database where the differences would be documented.

To Janjan,

The ones in my collection are genuine.

Mike

I very much love your Nordsee collection. It will have taken some toime to get all these triangles - that´s for sure. Here is one more from my collection. Hope you´ll like it.

Attachments

Thanks Bertl , I was very lucky to get this very early triangle with this interesting font.

Back