Girl from Deutsche Jugend Slovakia with "Oberzips" sleeve triangle

Thanks Received
Hallo kameraden. Now available on ebay.de,this picture of a member of the Deutsche Jugend in Slowakei,wearing a scarce triangle Oberzips

link

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Wilhelm describe this triangle in the Handbook (p584)

Attachments

I have never seen one for sale before. A rare piece...

Thanks for posting

Best

P

If we would not have this picture ( Oberzips ) we would not believe that it once has been worn. But it has. I have the original picture of the "Banat triangle ) and would like to add it here for those who are interested.

Attachments

Going by this list there are likely then to be triangles for the other DJ-Banne in Slovakia:

Wow , I never heared of Bann 3 Hauerland . Thanks for this information- very appreciated.

I would like to add this photo of a district triangle to my above mentioned photo of the Hitler Youth from the Banat. I know that this area triangle is very controversial because it does not show the typical production characteristics of the regular area triangles and is not woven but printed. From what we know there were local Hitler Youth groups in Eastern Europe who, as in the "OBERZIPS" case, probably had to manufacture badges by themselves because the German Reich never produced them. There is much evidence of "locally" made area triangles in historical photographs where even differences in material and overall texture are clearly visible. The "Banat" area triangle has exactly the same lettering as in the photo. A faker would certainly have produced a great many of these triangles in order to gradually sell them. However, there seem to be only a few pieces that appeared on the market a few years ago. (Please compare the lettering with the photo above where we can see the Banat-triangle in wear ).

Attachments

Salut Chlodwig ,
It's a very delicate and controversial subject.
Almost no photo document and even less written

Salut Chlodwig ,
It's a very delicate and controversial subject.
Almost no photo document and even less written
Yes, I agree to you. Could not find much literature to this triangle. But my picture is the proof that it once has existed. The triangle I have does not show the regular production we are used. Thanks for your comment, Bertl.

Back