Hitler Youth Ost-Berlin sleeve triangle with strange RZM label

Thanks Received
Hello Friends,
Today my OST BERLIN in mint condition arrived.
Any opinions?
The RZM Zettel shows a hole there where the manufacturer Code should be - is that OK?
Thanks
Peter

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hello,

This triangle was sold by me and here is what I wrote to WARNACH :

... As you know, the RZM tag was nothing else than a tax justificative. I think the hole is a manufacturer "code" and the hand written date is the seller (Brauner Laden) information (memo of his purchase)...

Manufacturer's personal "code" : can be his buffer was broken and so he created a quick way to identify (and sign) his production (?).

Best regards

Important information : - this beautiful triangle was manufactured in the last years of the war !

Hello,

An explanation of the term "Brauner Laden" :

All the RZM supplies were sold in autorized shops only (most of the time,
hatter, furrier, clothing store, etc). Because this shops sells (also) this items, they were called "Braune Laden" = brown stores (the browns = the nazis).

Best regards

Attachments

Last edited:
This Berlin triangle shown is textbook 100% all original .
DEBERTEX is one of our forums most knowledgeable collectors in the HJ/BDM field . Rest assured when he sells an item , it is good .

What an interesting RZM-Zettel on the back. Enlarging it a little I can read: -,11 indicating the price of RM o,11 . Maybe this was the official price for a district traingle those days.

What an interesting RZM-Zettel on the back. Enlarging it a little I can read: -,11 indicating the price of RM o,11 . Maybe this was the official price for a district traingle those days.
I can see from a list from 1936 that a HJ/DJ area triangle cost -.07 pfennigs. The Berlin triangle shown is a somewhat later triangle, around 1938 to 1945, and the price may then have been -.11 pfennigs.

Back