HJ or BDM Gebietsdreieck Triangle SÜD only

Thanks Received
Hello Folks,
I just discovered the Hitler Youth Forum actually browsing the net for some more info on the triangle and a bunch of HJ tinnies I acquired from private yesterday. most tinnies are from the Hesselberg and Ansbach Area, but the triangle is a first for me. I've seen many SÜD-Schwaben, SÜD Württemberg etc Triangles, but I have not seen the SÜD only one like the one I have. Can someone share some info about this bade please? Is there maybe a site that explains the organizational side in regards to the Gebietsdreiecke?
Thanks in advance

Rainer :germany

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

For a short period in 1933/1934 members of staff in the Obergebiet were authorized to wear special triangles (Nord, Süd etc.).

Some of the members here are experts on triangles (I'm not), let´s hear what they think.

Read more in Saris: Handbook of the Hitler-Juugend. Bann Numbers and Gebiet Triangles.

Saris writes: 'It's believed that no Nord or Süd triangles ever existed.' ... 'Beware of 'examples' coming unto the marked after the publication og this book'.

.-

You have a super rare triangle . These triangles were only authorized for mabye 1 year . In the book " Handbook of the HIter Jugend " W. Saris only has them illustrated .
I would think that your triangle is in the 350 dollar range and up.
Very good find mate .

I feel Paul may ask to put a scan of this triangle in his triangle blog .

Yes , this is an early manfactured style from around 1933 .

The fonts on earlier gebiet triangles with the Capitol letters changed in 1936 .

Thanks for all the replies and info on the patch, guys. Please feel free to use these pix in the data base for future reference. I'm glad I found this place!
Cheers
Rainer

thanks for posting this rare one will post it in the article and please keep me in mind if you decide to part with it. By the way for all you can tell it is very early bevo weave by the obvious high thread count

:canada1

Back