Thanks Received
hi all
dont know if this is the right oplace for this but could not find anywhere else to put it as its justa general question really.
if its in the wrong place gar please move it.

anyway i have a couple of uniform bits and pieces and got to thinking where in todays germany would these triangles represent some are easy as berlin is berlin but others i need a bit of help with so where in germany now are the following

nord nordmark
sud steiermark
nord niedersachen
Süd Schwaben

thanks all
stu

Hi Stu,

Sud Steiermark is part of Austria. (South of Austria).

It is the only triangle I have :)

Regards

Antonio

thanks for the info antonio did the triangle cover all of southern austria or a specific area
stu

Last edited:
Nord Nordmark Jungbann 447 was in Wolfenbuttel, which is near Bruanschwieg. I'm sure Garry could help you on this, he has been monumentally helpful to me in this regard.

Actually they all still exist Stu. Nordmark is called Schleswig-Holstein now but all of the others have the same names although the boundaries may have changed slightly. There were some land reforms in the 70s but without checking I couldn't tell you whether they affected these areas. This map will show you where the Gebiete were in 1939.

Quick edit: my Bann lists are back up now in case people weren't aware. I've added some important info on the Reichsbanne S, BS, G and B triangles (see the 1938 and 1939 lists).

Edit: picture enlarged and sharpened

hi all
dont know if this is the right oplace for this but could not find anywhere else to put it as its justa general question really.
if its in the wrong place gar please move it.

anyway i have a couple of uniform bits and pieces and got to thinking where in todays germany would these triangles represent some are easy as berlin is berlin but others i need a bit of help with so where in germany now are the following

nord nordmark
sud steiermark
nord niedersachen
Süd Schwaben

thanks all
stu

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Last edited:
hi gar
i have that map its in littlejohns book, i didnt realise all these place names still exist though, im interested to see where they would be on a modern day map of germany but now i know the names are the same ill have a look on a germany map
stu

Back