Thanks Thanks:  0

Please login to view user info

HJ district triangle help

hi all
    dont know if this is the right oplace for this but could not find anywhere else to put it as its justa general question really.
    if its in the wrong place gar please move it.

anyway i have a couple of uniform bits and pieces and got to thinking where in todays germany would these triangles represent some are easy as berlin is berlin but others i need a bit of help with so where in germany now are the following

nord nordmark
    sud steiermark
    nord niedersachen
    Süd Schwaben

thanks all
    stu

Smile

Hi Stu,

Sud Steiermark is part of Austria. (South of Austria).

It is the only triangle I have :)

Regards

Antonio

thanks for the info antonio did the triangle cover all of southern austria or a specific area
    stu
    Last edited by stuart; 12th June 2009 at 09:40 PM.

Nord Nordmark Jungbann 447 was in Wolfenbuttel, which is near Bruanschwieg. I'm sure Garry could help you on this, he has been monumentally helpful to me in this regard.

Actually they all still exist Stu. Nordmark is called Schleswig-Holstein now but all of the others have the same names although the boundaries may have changed slightly. There were some land reforms in the 70s but without checking I couldn't tell you whether they affected these areas. This map will show you where the Gebiete were in 1939.

Quick edit: my Bann lists are back up now in case people weren't aware. I've added some important info on the Reichsbanne S, BS, G and B triangles (see the 1938 and 1939 lists).

Edit: picture enlarged and sharpened

Quote Originally Posted by stuart View Post
    hi all
    dont know if this is the right oplace for this but could not find anywhere else to put it as its justa general question really.
    if its in the wrong place gar please move it.

anyway i have a couple of uniform bits and pieces and got to thinking where in todays germany would these triangles represent some are easy as berlin is berlin but others i need a bit of help with so where in germany now are the following

nord nordmark
    sud steiermark
    nord niedersachen
    Süd Schwaben

thanks all
    stu
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Garry; 13th June 2009 at 09:53 PM.

hi gar
    i have that map its in littlejohns book, i didnt realise all these place names still exist though, im interested to see where they would be on a modern day map of germany but now i know the names are the same ill have a look on a germany map
    stu

ANY WAY of enlarging the map and pinning it for postarity VERY USEFUL

PAUL

Paul, I can resize it and email it to you if you wish. Let me know.

to be honest the map in the book itself is a bad print and very hard to read

I've enlarged the image to 800 and have sharpened it a little.