HJ triangle " Bann Binnenschiffahrt "

WIDUKIND

Thanks Received
Hello Everybody,

I want to show you the rarest triangle from my collection.
This is the triangle of Marine-HJ unit , " Bann Binnenschiffahrt ", specialized for the inland waterways and canals, worn from 1938.
According to Wim Saris, the " S" that was used was the long type per the original regulations.
I note that this is not the case for my triangle !.
However, I wish to thank the author of this book which gives interesting explanations for this chapter.
Please see pages 421 to 427!.
This triangle is very rare and I saw him only once in Germany since 20 years.
I can assure you that my triangle is not a modern manufacturing and I hope to start a debate by showing this triangle.:france

Best Regards
Eric

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Eric, mein Freund! Wunderbar! Ich glaube, beim nächsten Treffen müssen wir uns gegenseitig mal ein paar Schätze zeigen :)

Absolutley ...WOW... ! I have never seen another , and problibly will not ever own one as it is that rare. Thank you for posting .
This is yet another example of what makes this a great forum .

No need for debate here Eric. This one looks absolutely original and good to me. Very rare insignia and never seen. Thank you for sharing with us.

Great triangle. Extremely rare. I had never seen one myself and what I showed
was a drawing, which I made for the book. I had seen a tally with the name Bann Binnenschiffahrt.

The long S was concluded from the orders of introduction, as well as the way of writing the
name for the tally. It is great to see it exists in originality with a normal S. I wonder if a sample
of this triangle may exist with the long S too. One is never to old to learn!!

Merci beaucoup Eric!

Hello Wim,

there is always a gap between regulation and reality and especially for a paramilitary organization.
I have tried to explain this to some of you but unfortunately some did not understand what I meant.

Best Regards
Eric

Long s

Hello,

Here is was Wikipedia tells us about the two ways to write the minuscule "s" in Fraktur typefaces. Antiqua (Latin) typefaces only use one way.

...The long, medial or descending "s" ("ſ") is a form of the minuscule letter "s" formerly used where "s" occurred in the middle or at the beginning of a word, for example "ſinfulneſs" ("sinfulness"). The modern letterform was called the terminal, round, or short "s"...

Anyway, I think too that this badge is quite original.

Let me show you this variant on an early "Nord Nordsee" triangle and from the same manufacturer, the version in accordance with grammatical rules.

Best regards

Attachments

Great! I love your Nordsee with "round s"!

Hello,

Here is was Wikipedia tells us about the two ways to write the minuscule "s" in Fraktur typefaces. Antiqua (Latin) typefaces only use one way.

...The long, medial or descending "s" ("ſ") is a form of the minuscule letter "s" formerly used where "s" occurred in the middle or at the beginning of a word, for example "ſinfulneſs" ("sinfulness"). The modern letterform was called the terminal, round, or short "s"...

Anyway, I think too that this badge is quite original.

Let me show you this variant on an early "Nord Nordsee" triangle and from the same manufacturer, the version in accordance with grammatical rules.

Best regards

Hello,

Thank you very much for this magnificent example.Do you have the triangle " Bann Binnenschiffahrt" in your great collection ?.

Best Regards
Eric

Eric,

In one word ; STUNNING.:thumbup:
I'm blown away, with this one, as Wim drew it in his book, I never thought to live and see one in real live.
Thx for showing this one, may we know what you paid for it???
Wizardelf
:belgium

Eric,

In one word ; STUNNING.:thumbup:
I'm blown away, with this one, as Wim drew it in his book, I never thought to live and see one in real live.
Thx for showing this one, may we know what you paid for it???
Wizardelf
:belgium

Hello,

I wish to inform you that I do not want to sell it or trade it
it's a miracle if this triangle is in my collection and I think I must be discreet about the price.
The person who sold it to me knew certainly not its real value and I always wait for the photos which he promised me.

Best Regards

Eric

Back