HJ Triangle - " RJF " with Traditionslitze ???

Pimpf359

Thanks Received
A collector friend has the triangle for many years in his collection and it can not be determined.
He thinks that it is a copy but he is not sure. In the pictures the triangles always look different.
Is it an early form?
Thanks for your opinion.
Steve

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

Hi Steve,

Wim Saris has some info on these in his book on page 539. I have essentially the same sources that he used and so can't add anything new on the subject. Very difficult to compare this triangle against other examples of RJF triangles with Traditionslitze of course and in any case, there is no available order/regulation that describes this particular item in sufficient detail. My gut feeling is that your friend has an authentic triangle but I look forward to hearing other opinions.

According to the Saris reference page 539 "No specific manufacturing regulations were ever published by the RZM regarding this particular triangle. The book does not show this pattern either. I would be very cautious of items like this. Non standard pattern and probably expensive. For the me I would stay with known and documented period examples above question.

Edit: Replied at the same time as Garry.

Hello,
There was only one pattern of the Gebietsdreieck : machine woven (...and that's "the" collector's chance). If Pimpf or Reichsjugendführer, the same for everyone ! Of course, outside of Germany, the local HJ did it alone and so machine embroidery or even hand embroidery exist. MHO !
Best regards

According to the Saris reference page 539 "No specific manufacturing regulations were ever published by the RZM regarding this particular triangle. The book does not show this pattern either. I would be very cautious of items like this. Non standard pattern and probably expensive. For the me I would stay with known and documented period examples above question.

See my book page 535.

I do not like the shown triangle at all. The embroidered letters are poorly done. Compare the letters from the triangle with the letters from the worn triangles.
The back reminds me in some ways of insignia that was reproduced in the 1970's on orders of some Dutch dealer's.
But who knows the one or the other person from the RJF had made a version on own costs. The Litze is neither the official pattern!!
And as debertex says: officially it should be machine-woven, but we all know orders were there to neglect.

Here is another doubtful triangle in which I do not trust :

Attachments

Thank you. The fear I had already.
That is, stay away from these triangles. :nono:

Here are 2 triangles from my collection that are accepted and proven originals. RJF-Gefolgschaft, RJF-Stab

Attachments

Here are 2 triangles from my collection that are accepted and proven originals. RJF-Gefolgschaft, RJF-Stab

Joe,

Just love these, little gems.:001_tt1:

If you should ever want to seperate from these,
give me a sign will you.:001_cool:
wizardelf
:belgium

Someday my friend I will ...they will be very expensive though ... LOL:001_tt1:
Joe,

Just love these, little gems.:001_tt1:

If you should ever want to seperate from these,
give me a sign will you.:001_cool:
wizardelf
:belgium

Here is an RJF triangle in wear

Attachments

Back