HJ triangle Südost Oberdonau

Thanks Received
Hi

I want to show my latest addition is it OK?

You don't have permission to view attachments.

Attachments

The Gebiet triangle is good, however ; in my opinion the gold litzen is not original to the triangle and problibly added resently .

Sorry but I disagree. I do have the same triangle as BDM Version which also looks this way. Just compare it to this example from Kevins collection:

Attachments

i agree the thread holding it looks period and is yellow from the front and black from the back , check other triangles with litze to see the same thing, i have a period NSDAP armand here that show yellow thread on the front but when you check the same stitch on the rear its red. :thumb:

I compared it and both triangles look different. The RJF one and the one from Kevin look different.

Michael ... both triangles are good ... I am talking about the litze strip below the triangle , The Oberdonau triangle has had an added traditions strip that personally I dont believe to be original to the triangle .

Joe, I completely understand and respect your opinion. Maybe the litze was added afterwards, I don´t know.. I just want to avoid having the whole triangle marked as fake because of this.

I just got an answer from the original seller of the triangle. He says that he bought the triangle from Lothar Hartung a few years ago. Enclosed please find a picture from the "Handbook of the HJ" where such a triangle is also printed.

Attachments

Hi Michael,

As Wim (in his book) and Joe have mentioned, the Litze is non-regulation but I think that janjan's triangle is fine. The stitching looks to be period and I have had a couple of original tradition triangles with much worse stitching on the Litze than that.

Michael you are the one who posted the triangle is fake.
I just started to collect triangles an got the feeleing the forum is the best place to buy one

Garry, that is what I said, only because the litze might not be textbook does not make the whole triangle a fake...
@ Jan: as I said, the triangle is good, the picture above should proove it.

I've been watching this thread and checking my references. I admit to not being a triangle collector, but do agree with Garry. Sometimes non standard additions to RZM items were made in the period, there is much proof of this. I agree with Joe, that the litzen is certainly not the standard pattern. In the end, the triangle is probably fine, but hands on would remove any doubts. The thread will stay open as long as all involved discuss the item like adults and remain civil towards one another. Any discussion regarding the deal between Michael and janjan should be kept in the private message system of the forum IMO.

I agree with Darin ...all correspondences conserning the buying and selling of items for sale on this forum need to be kept in a private message or pm . As for the triangle in question , I believe it is a good original . I retain some doubts about the litzen as when it was applied and is non regulation . I have been collecting since 1974 (thats 40 years) and have not seen this type of non regulation litzen applied to the bottom of Gebiet triangles until about 10 years ago . This does not mean that it is period applied or not , it only shows from my experience as a collector that unless these have been rat-holed since 1945 or that I personally have missed seeing them at 100s of Gun shows that there must be some reason that only in the past 10 years that they start showing up . The litzen itself looks to be a type of litzen the the Kreigsmarine would have used for NCO collars and straps . I`d like to hear from other long time collectors who can give there personal knowledge with this type of litzen .

Last edited:
Yes, Wim's input would be useful here. He would not have included a similar triangle in his book were he not confident in the source.

Back