How many BDM area triangles are there?

Thanks Received
Hi, this is my first post to your forum, so thanks for providing it. I tried to put some details about myself but am too stupid to work it out, seems I can't at the moment.

I bought 2 white triangles at the Melbourne militaria fair and was wondering how many triangles makes up a complete set? Is there a list somewhere on the net that shows the different names? I only want the white ones.
Thanx
Pink

Hi and welcome to the forum,

For the BdM / JM the triangle showed the Gauverband (Nord, Ost, West, Mitte and Südost) and the Obergau (Mittelland, Westfalen etc). Later in the period, the Gauverband and Obergau were dissolved as organisational structures and so from then the triangle showed the same information as the HJ / DJ triangle i.e. Obergebiet and Gebiet. Over the course of the period the structure of the Hitler Youth grew; new Gebiete were created as Germany gained territory, some Gebiet names were changed and some Gebiete were split in two. Additionally, organisational structures called "Befehlsstellen" were created. You can see the result of these changes here and also here (Full Member Gold subscription required). Essentially though, there were ultimately 42 different triangles of the following type:

You don't have permission to view attachments.

It doesn't stop there though. You can further sub-divide into early and late triangles (difference in font) and then you must consider the special triangles for musicians, those on the staff of the RJF, for Reichsdeutsche living abroad etc etc.

With the above in mind, Wim Saris, a member of this forum, has written an extremely useful book that explains the large variety of triangles and I thoroughly recommend it. It is available from a few vendors so search for:

"Handbook of the Hitler-Jugend, Wilhelm P. B. R. Saris".

Attachments

You don't have permission to view attachments.
Wow I wasn't expecting there to be so many, guess I better get a better job LOL
No need to hurry though I suppose, thanx for taking the time to help me out :)
Pink

Would definitely be a big task trying to put them all together and yep, lots of cash needed :) Which ones did you pick up in Melbourne?

Thanx again, I got "Sud Baden" and "Sudost Steiermark"
Pink

Wow, that is inspiring! I LOVE the BDM pass books and I was glad to see my 2 patches were there too.
Thanx for the welcome and inspiration!
Pink

Back